Social Media Employee Code of Conduct Use in the Office
In recent times, social media has become an inseparable part of our lives and therefore, has influenced our lives in so many ways. That’s the reason that many companies have come up with use of social media in the workplace. In order to control and define the rules conduct for social media use in the office, companies have rolled out social media policy for employees that gives them complete clarity about using this platform while at work.
In this post, we have come up with social media use in the office code of conduct. We have drafted the policy for using social media in the workplace.
Creating Personal Accounts
- Be very clear whether you will be using your personal account for personal, professional or both kind of use.
- You are free to have a personal social media account that will be entirely person with no mention of the company name. In this case, you can use your account as you like.
- Always keep in mind following the code of conduct while using social media, even when you are using your personal account for posting personal content.
Creating Professional Accounts
- If you choose to use social media account that links with the company, you must abide by the rule.
- Mention your role at the company in your biography but also make it clear that it is not a corporate channel but an individual channel.
- Do not include the name of the company in the name of your profile.
- Do not use the name of the company in your avatar.
- You are not allowed to share the client confidential content.
Responsibility of Content
- Whatever you are going to post on social media, you will be responsible for your words.
- Speak as an individual.
- Be transparent in giving your name
- Your conduct should be in synch with the business ethics of the company.
- Keep a respectful tone.
- Do not behave in a manner that is not acceptable at the workplace.
- Do not share any information online that you are not going to be sharing with clients or competitors.
- Do not violate any of the non-disclosure obligations.
- Do not disclose any piece of information about colleagues etc.
There are many benefits of using social media in the workplace and therefore, using social media in the workplace to communicate and otherwise must be clearly defined.
Search Sample Formats:
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA USE IN THE OFFICE
- SOCIAL MEDIA USE IN THE OFFICE
- code of conduct for social media use in office hours
- code of conduct in social media in the office
- CODE OF CONDUCT OF SOCIAL MEDIA USE IN THE OFFICE
- conduct for social use in the office
- USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN OFFICE ACCORDING IN C0DE OF CONDUCT