Work From Home (WFH): A Boon or a Bane
Working from home during COVID-19 pandemic has become a routine across different industries which earlier, were out of the purview. The outbreak of this pandemic has transformed the work pattern in a significant way. With WFH becoming a usual pattern of work, both employees and employers have been benefited in different ways.
In this post, we are going to be discussing whether work from home is a boon or a bane. Before moving ahead discussing whether Work From Home (WFH) is boon or bane, we must remember that both come with their own positives and negatives. Let us browse through work from home boon or bane points to get more clarity on the subject.
Advantages of Working From Home (WFH)
- Employees have performed better while working from home.
- Employers have been able to save on a lot of overheads.
- There has been a serious deduction in costs that involve commuting to and from work.
- Employees have been able to save on a lot of commute time on daily basis.
- There has been a better work-life balance for the employees.
- The pollution levels have gone down.
Disadvantages Of Working From Home (WFH)
- Many companies had to invest in developing the IT infrastructure which they otherwise lacked.
- Companies had to work harder to monitor the performances of employees.
- Not all kinds of jobs were fit for work from home pattern.
- Employees were compelled to work beyond their usual working hours.
- Work from home added on to internet and electricity expenses of the employees.
- Every day turned out to be a working day for many employees.
These are some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with work from home that certainly make it a boon as well as a bane in different situation for different people.