Microsoft Phone Interview
20 Microsoft phone interview questions
I. Introduction about thinkers Microsoft interview
Questions below will help you interview candidates base on interview method of telephone.
II. Questions of phone interview
1. How would you design a toaster? (sometimes elevator).
2. How would you debug your toaster? (sometimes elevator).
3. How would you debug a file save module for Word?
4. You are in a room. You have 1 question to ask and need to know the way to heaven. There are 2 doors. A door to heaven and a door to hell. There are 2 people in the room. One will tell you the right door to heaven (if you ask where is heaven?) and one will always tell lie.
5. Loyalty Sequence:
• What do you want to be doing with your career?
• Have you submitted resumes in an attempt to get this job?
• If offered this position, would you leave Microsoft and take it?
6. Do you think of yourself as persuasive?
7. Can you give an example of a time when you were persuasive?
8. What are you most proud of (not necessarily computers)?
9. Describe the largest programming project you’ve worked on. How many lines of code was it? What did it do? Etc.
10. Why do you want to work at Microsoft?
11. What position(s) are you applying for?
12. What’s the difference between a operator and an operand?
13. What’s the difference between the * and the & in C++?
14. How do you dynamically allocate memory in C (not C++)?
15. What’s a recursive function?
16. What’s a virtual function in C++?
17. Can you list some bitwise operators?
18. Write a function to reverse a string.
19. What is my preferred language of coding?
20. What are my thoughts on testing?