I/ Top 10 interview questions
1. Describe your ideal job and/or boss?
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
3. Describe some of your most important career accomplishments?
4. What are your short-term/long-term goals?
5. Describe a time when you were faced with a challenging situation and how you handled it?
6. What are your salary requirements?
7. What would your former boss/colleagues say about you?
8. What do you know about our company?
9. Why do you want this job?
10. Where do you want to be in five years?
II/ Top 20 interview questions
1. How does your job fit in to your department and company?
2. Give an example of when you have worked under pressure?
3. What kinds of people do you like working with?
4. Give me an example of when your work was criticized?
5. Give me an example of when you have felt anger at work. How did you cope and did you still perform a good job?
6. What kind of people do you find it difficult to work with?
7. Give me an example of when you have had to face a conflict of interest at work?
8. Tell me about the last time you disagreed with your boss?
9. Give me an example of when you haven’t got on with others?
10. Do you prefer to work alone or in a group? Why?
11. This organization is very different to your current employer – how do you think you are going to fit in?
12. What are you looking for in a company?
13. How do you measure your own performance?
14. What kind of pressures have you encountered at work?
15. Are you a self-starter? Give me examples to demonstrate this?
16. What changes in the workplace have caused you difficulty and why?
17. How do you feel about working long hours and/or weekends?
18. Give me an example of when you have been out of your depth?
19. What have you failed to achieve to date?
20. What can you bring to this organization?