Hr audit sheet in Word Format
I have Attached Hr audit sheet in Word Format
HR Audit Questions
- What was total revenue for the business unit for the most recently completed fiscal year?
- What were total assets for the business unit for the most recently completed fiscal year?
- How many locations exist within the business unit? (Include all operating and administrative locations which perform HR activities.)
- Is the business unit a publicly-held or a privately-held entity?
- What was the pre-tax income for the business unit for the last fiscal year-end?
- What is the company business strategy?
- Does the company business strategy link to Human Resources (HR)? Please describe.
- What is your company’s HR Strategy? Is the HR strategy aligned with the company’s strategy?
- Who develop the HR Strategy? Do you assemble a cross-functional team to develop the HR strategy?
- What does HR do in supporting the implementation of organization’s strategy?
- Determine how the human resources department will support strategic goal and impact organization performance?
- Do you perform a gap analysis of current versus desired organizational behavior and performance, and develop strategy to close the gap?
- Outline the HR department’s present role, list its function and evaluate its effectiveness?
1. Please describe the Human Resources Policies of the company. If possible, please specify the policies for each HR function (recruitment & placement, training & development, performance appraisal, etc)
2. How and to what extent do the policies support the HR department in executing the strategy?
3. Please describe the Human Resources Program of your company.
4. Do these programs align with your Human Resources Policies?
1. Are your workforce formation fits the company’s business objectives?
2. Does the company have manpower plan?
3. How do you create a manpower plan?
4. Do you develop a competency-based approach to staffing?
5. Does every position have competency/requirement?
6. Do every employee understand competency/requirement needed to perform a job/position?
7. Does this company have a clear job description for each job/position? And does each have clear competency ‘map’?
8. What is the total number of all employees (headcount) at the business unit?
- managerial level :
- supervisory level :
- staff/operator level :
- total :
8. What is the total number of employees (headcount)for the human resources department?
1. Answer the following in relation to the job offer cycle:
a. What was the total number of offers made in most recent
complete fiscal year?
b. What was the total number of offers accepted in
most recent complete fiscal year?
c. What was the average time (in days) from
job requisition to extension of job offer?
2. Please complete the following question with the number of entry and non-entry level positions filled
internally and externally during the most recent complete fiscal year:
3. What were your total recruiting costs for internal external
the previous year?
4. How many positions (job titles) exist across the organization?
5. How is the recruitment process?
6. Does it eliminate unsuitable applicants early and focus on promising candidates ?
7. How is the recruitment methodology? Does it attract desirables workers? Does it match capabilities of candidates with competency requirement for positions?
8. Do you use executive search services to help you in the recruitment area?
9. How do you describe the qualification requirements for the vacant positions?
10. Who makes the hiring decision?
1. What kind of programs does exist for employee retention? Are they sufficient?
2. Does the company develop attractive benefit program that can retain employees?
3. Do you track your staff turnover? What is your turn over rate this fiscal year?
1. Does the company have a clear development or training plan/strategy ?
2. What is the current training and development system for employees?
3. What was the total number of training hours in the previous year for all employees?
4. Of the total amount of training hours offered, what percentage was:
a. Formal classroom
5. What was the total cost for training in the previous year?
6. How do you conduct Training Need Analysis (TNA)?
7. How do you translate the TNA into a Training Program?
8. What kind of training programs offered to employees?
9. Do managers and employees find the training program relevant to their needs?
10. How do you evaluate training effectiveness?
11. Does each employees have Individual Development Plan(IDP)? How are individual development plans and needs identified?
12. Does IDP work effectively? If it doesn’t work effectively, what is the cause of it?
1. What types of performance management systems do you use? Please describe.
2. Does it work effectively? If not, why?
3. Do you give constructive feedback to increase employee’s performance?
4. Do you include a customer satisfaction element in performance evaluations?
1. What is the current compensation system in your company? Please describe
2. Do you offer compensation plans that provide a stable base with variables linked to performance?
3. Do you develop compensation plan that support strategic goals?
4. Who design the current compensation system? Does the BOD / HR Department involve in formulating pay strategy?
5. Is the compensation system reviewed periodically? How do you evaluate your pay structure and compensation policy at least annually and adjust it when needed?
6. Do you compare the company’s compensation programs with the market rates? Does the current compensation system competitive?
7. Do you set up procedures that ensure company compliance with all applicable payroll laws needed?
8. Please describe the current benefit and allowance system of your company? (describe in detail if there is differences among upper / middle / lower level of management / staff?)
9. For all employees in the organization (include both part-time and full-time employees in all departments), what is the:
a. Total base pay
b. Total overtime pay
c. Total variable pay
d. Total payroll cost
10. What is the total benefits cost (not including benefits administrations costs) for all employees in the organization? (Include both part- and full-time employees in all departments)?
1. What is the current system for Career Development in your company? Please describe.
2. Does it work based on meritocracy and fairness?
3. How does this current system apply to the employee individually?
4. What is the current system of succession planning?
5. Do succession plan exist for all critical positions?
6. What percentage of management positions at the following levels has succession plans in place?
b. Senior mgt.
c. Middle mgt.
7. What are the criteria for the successors?
8. Does the succession planning system work effectively? If not, why?
1. Do you build a culture of inclusion that promotes labor and management as partner in business success? How?
2. What problems does the company encounter in labor relation issues? Do you have labor union? Does the labor union represent the employees well?
3. How do you solve labor relation (LR) issues?
4. Do employees give feedback to solve IR issues? Do you design grievance procedure for resolving employees problem?
5. Do the company actively communicate LR / IR procedure to all employees?
6. Do you encourage employees to play a proactive role in improving the labor-management relationship?
1. What IT systems and infrastructure do you use to support your HRIS? Does it work effectively?
2. How can the IT system be used to support the HR Strategy?
3. How many human resource information databases your company have?
1. What is the current retirement policy?
2. Does your company have Pre-Retirement Preparation Program for their employees?
3. Please indicate the number of employees participating in retirement plans.
4. Please indicate the total contribution (in terms of percentage of total compensation) into retirement plans as outlined below:
managerial supervisory staff
a. By employee
b. By the organization
1. Do you create an environment of open communication between employees and management.
2. How do managers and employees perceive the effectiveness and integrity of current communication culture?
3. Do you capture the creative insight of employees by soliciting their ideas for improvement?
4. Do you create environment to delegate decision making to the lowest level possible?
5. What kind of media your organization uses to communicate to the entire workforce on a regular basis?
6. What mechanisms do you have for obtaining employee feedback on a regular basis?
1. How much the cost for the following items:
- Human resources department direct labor cost (Wages, overtime, and benefits.)
- Human resources department operating expenses (Supplies, training, and other locally controllable expenses not including rent, depreciation, or allocated overhead expenses.)
- Outsourcing fees, if any (Contract fees including annual fees and monthly operating charges.)
- Contracted services cost (Temporary and contract labor).
- Data processing equipment and facilities to support the human resources department (Include the cost of providing computer processing, software, hardware, )
- Total human resources department cost (Total of questions 1 through 5)