Recruitment is one of the most important things for any organization to ensure most effective hiring. HR managers use different types of recruitment methods to have more and more potential applicants. They come up with innovative recruitment methods to find the most perfect candidate for any job opening. These days digital recruitment trends are the latest addition to the effective recruitment strategies and practices.
In this post, we will be discussing innovative and creative recruitment ideas that are used by HR managers. Find out the emerging trends in recruitment and selection process and alternative recruitment methods used in present times.
Best Recruiting Ideas – Creative & Innovative Ways to Find Talents
- Structured Employee Interviews
Companies conduct structured employment interviews in which there is a set of questions which are asked to every applicant and based on that selection is done. This is a promising method of recruitment which doesn’t get affected by biases. Here, the interviewer has to research and develop effective and smart questions to be posed during the interview which can help them select the right candidate for the profile.
- Video Interviewing
This is another way of recruiting and is surely a very convenient and effective way to interview when your candidate is sitting at some other location altogether. With video recording, you not only save on your time and money but you can also have an access to a bigger pool of candidates to interview. To get much finer results, collecting data on body language like movement of eyes, any kind of non-verbal communication will be very helpful.
- IQ Tests
It is extremely important that the person you are selecting has some level of IQ in him for a particular profile. Also known as GMA or General Mental Ability test, it is very helpful in measuring a person based on his academic knowledge. No matter which position it is or which sector it is, IQ tests reveal the speed to learn new things and also how successful will be a person in a particular job. Though IQ is not everything but it does help in rejecting the candidates who are not that competent.
- Programmatic Advertising
This is a smart recruitment method when you are hiring online. In this kind of recruitment method, there is an automatic posting of job ads that focus on the candidate profiles you are in search of. This involves recruiting on niche sites which is definitely a creative way to recruit. It is all about making your good prospects see your job posting advertisement and apply for the job.
- Job Knowledge Test
With a Job Knowledge Test, you can have a deeper insight of a person’s expertise in a particular role. The results of this test help a manager know that what all things the candidate already knows. In short, the results indicate everything that a person knows in relation with the profile he has applied for, thereby, making the process of selection easier and more accurate. But this test has some limitations as it just highlights the procedural knowledge of a person but doesn’t predict the decision-making abilities.
- Connecting with Passive Candidates
There are various passive candidates out there who are not looking for any kind of job change as of now. By establishing a connection with them using social media platforms, you can lay road to future connections when they are looking for a job change. This kind of approach may not benefit you in real time but in long term, companies can make their recruitment methods a lot more diversified with passive candidates included in their list.
- Integrity Test
Just like knowing the knowledge aspect of a candidate, it is also important to know his behavioural aspect. Integrity Test aims at finding these behavioural traits because though knowledge is important but how a person behaves in a situation is even more important. With this test, you can know about the level of honesty, dependability, commitment and dedication a person has towards his work which again is extremely helpful in recruitment process.
- Social Media
In the digital recruitment trends, social media is an amazingly impressive alternative recruitment method. You can use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to develop connections with all those who are looking out for a job. This will help you have applications from different locations which will give you a much bigger candidate pool to make the best of the selections for whichever post you want.
- Employer Review Site
Employers must not miss on Employer Review Sites because they play a very strong role in recruitments. Sites like Glassdoor should always be given importance. Job seekers are always looking for information about the companies for which they are applying and if they find bad reviews about a company then it is a serious loss for the employer. Don’t miss this effective recruitment strategy and practice which can help you save yourself from losing a good candidate.
- Employee Referrals
This is another recruitment method used by HR managers. Though you have kept your options for hiring open but you must not forget that you can use your employee referrals as well. This is a smart way of reducing your cost and saving your time. Not only that, this method ensures highest ROI. So before you step out and look for candidates by spending a lots of your money, ask your employees for referrals and there are bright chances that you might just get lucky.
These are some of the innovative recruitment ideas used by HR managers to hire the most potential candidates.
You You Like Also Other Recruitment Ideas
7 Effective Tips To Increase Possibility of Candidate Joining After Hiring
Interesting Ways to Make Worst Impression at Your Job Interview
10 Secrets for Making Job Search A Great Success
Interview Tricks To Hire the Best Employee for Your Company
Use Strengths and Weaknesses to Crack Your Interview
Things You Should Avoid Wearing to a Job Interview
Ways in Which Employers Notify Applicants About Interviews
Staff Recruitment and Selection Policy of A Company
Search Sample Formats:
Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, we fail to reach for interview on time. If you have also missed on your interview because of some situational factors, it is important that you write a formal email to apologize the interviewer for not reporting on time and also stating the reason because of which you could not be present for the interview.
Given below is a sample apology email addressing the employer for missing on interview. Use this example email to create your personalized draft in a formal manner. Such emails are short and to the point.
Sample Apology Email to an Employer for Missing an Interview
Dear Mr. James,
I would like to apologize for not making it for the interview on Thursday, March 24th at 11 a.m. On my way to your office, an accident had taken place because of which there was a traffic jam which lasted for almost an hour, but this is no excuse as I should have left my home earlier to make sure that I reach your office on time. I also tried reaching your office through phone but due to some network problems, I could not make a call.
I completely understand that every company desires responsible and punctual employees which are a reflection of professionalism. I know I have disappointed you with my lack of professionalism on Thursday but I request a last chance to interview with your for the profile of Marketing Manager at ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd. I strongly believe that I am the right choice for this profile because of my rich experience in the field of marketing and my capability to meet the targets with greatest effectiveness.
I will ensure that this time I reach for the interview on time without any fail. I will make sure that I don’t give you any chance to get disappointed. I will take all steps to leave no room for any delays.
I will call you later this week to know if we can have an interview scheduled again. I would like to apologize again for my actions.
Looking forward to meet you and demonstrate you why I am the right choice for this profile.
How to Write a Rejection Letter (with Sample Letter).
Regret letters are normally sent by companies after the completion of an interview process. Such letters are normally sent out to those applicants whose applications were reviewed but were not qualified for the final interview. It is written with a clear purpose to convey the sorry sense by the recruiting managers.
Here is an example of how to write such letters in a professional tone with the right emotion:
Dear (Candidate Name),
We thank you for forwarding us your application to seek interview for the position of (job position) at (Organization Name). Our Recruiting Body is done with the initial screening process and has come up with the final list of those who have been selected for the next round. We regret to announce that you have not qualified for our final search. However, we thank you for applying and believe that you will apply for future employment opportunities at (Organization Name).
We thank you for showing your interest in (Organization Name) and wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.
Recruiting Body Chairman
- A. Family Profile
- 1. Name of Father: ______________________
- 2. Father’s Occupation: ___________________
- 3. Name of Mother: ______________________
- 4. Mother’s Occupation: __________________
- 5. Siblings:
Brothers: ……….. Marital Status: …………………….. Work Status: ………………..
Sisters: ..……….. Marital Status: ……………………… Work Status: ………………..
- B. Personal Profile:
- 1. Marital Status: A. Married _________ B. Single ________ C. Divorcee_________
- 2. Spouse – Working/Self employed/Housewife: ___________________________
- 3. Spouse Employment Location: A. Mumbai ______ B. Out of Mumbai _______
- 4. No of Kids: _________
- 5. Kids Education Status: ______________________________________________
- C. Personal Identifications
- 1. Driving License No: __________ Contact Details: _____________
- 2. Passport No: _______________ Expiry Date: ________________
- 3. PAN No: __________________
- 4. Residential Address: ______________________________________________
- 1. Age: ______ Weight: ________ Height: __________Blood Group: ______
- 2. Details of the chronic disease: _______________________________________
- 3. Details of disease which can affect the work setting: _____________________
- 4. Any other material information to be disclosed: ________________________
- E. Current Organisation Profile
- 1. Name: ____________________
- 2. Managing Person: ___________
- 3. Reporting Person: ___________
- 4. Draw the organizational hierarchy in which you are working:
- 5. Staff Strength: ______
- 6. Reasons to leave the organisation:
- A. Financial Expectations
- B. Technology specific knowledge enhancement
- C. Work related issues
- D. Behavior with peers and superiors
- E. First Job
Explain and specify the reasons any of the above (A-E) or any other reason(s)
- 7. Reasons for the break in service (during the career and between the jobs)
- 8. Reasons to relocate Mumbai:_____________________________________________
- 9. Expectations with the future employer: ___________________________________
10. Earliest Joining Period: __________
11. Reasons for the earliest joining: ____________________
12. Details of the relieving formalities with the previous employer; in case the opportunity offered in Redtray:
- A. Task to handover _________________________________________________
- B. Others _________________________________________________________
- F. Financial Details:
- 1. Present Salary Package:
(This will be verified with the documents at the time of technical interview at Mumbai)
- 2. Benefits/Facilities provided by the current employer:
General Terms and Conditions for the employment
1. Agreement: 2 Year
Amount: Rs 50000.00 secured by 5 undated cheques of Rs 10000.00 each in favour of <Name of the Company>. In the event of breach of Agreement, employee will have to pay Rs 50000.00 to the company or otherwise the cheques will be presented in the bank.
2. Next Appraisal: <Date>
- G. Employment and Qualification details
COMPANY relies upon the accuracy of the information contained in this application, as well as accuracy of the other data presented through the hiring process and employment. Any misinterpretations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in the exclusion of the individual from further considerations for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.
- H. Reference Details
- Direct :
- News Paper Information (Name of the News Paper): _____________________________
- Referred by others (Provide Details): _________________________________________
- Directly and personally approached:__________________________________________
- Employee Referrals of <Name of Company>: ______________________________________
(Name of the employee)
- Consultant (Name of the Consultant):___________________________________________
Please fill the relevant information
Search Sample Formats:
Please find the following questions, may helpful to judge the candidates before taking an interview.
What inspires you?
What are your aspirations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What are your favorite past time?
Strength & weakness?
Do you have any offers in your hand at present?
What did you know about us?
Why should we hire you?
If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
Tell me something about our company.
I have attached Interview Preparation With Answers for IT Recruiters.
US IT RECRUITER
- As a recruiter I work on IT requirements. I have 4 years of Recruitment experience as an IT Recruiter with staffing company.
- My prime responsibilities include sourcing, interviewing and hiring of IT professionals for multiple projects and assignments in the IT services industry. screen candidates according to the requirement.
- I Identify interview and submit candidates in a timely and efficient manner.
- I am Responsible for the full life cycle recruiting for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placements with special emphasis on the information technology, telecom and engineering sector, Public Sector Federal, State & Local Government, Higher Education,Banking,Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare & Entertainment Verticals.
- Worked on Recruiting H1B Consultants, Green card Holders & US Citizens for Direct Client Requirements & Vendor Requirements.
- regular follow up with the client on day to day basis to receive new Job Orders and Feedbacks.
- Responsible for completing paperwork, background checks and reference checks for H1b applicants.
- Co-ordinate with the administration in arranging avenues for the interviews on cost effective base.
- Scheduled travel and lodging for incoming out of town candidates.
- Hands on experience with job sites such as Monster, Dice, Big Niller, Craig lists, Net temps, Career builder, Computer jobs, Yahoo Hot jobs, Dev Bistro,linkedin
- Experience in Tax Terms – 1099/w2/ C2C
- Experience in Visas – OPT, H1B, EAD, GC & USC
- Kept track of every candidate submitted and took updates on their status from the client on daily basis.
- Helped candidates to prepare for in-person and Telephonic Interviews and kept them in loop with latest updates from the client.
- Involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintaining relationship with the consultant is extended further after he gets placed, I assisted them in signing up the contract forms and I was responsible for getting the timesheets on-time.
- I am involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintained an efficient database, with the help of which I could successfully deliver right IT people in right time.
- Establish and manage relationships with recruitment vendors and third party agencies
- I worked with IT consultants of various experience levels on .Net, Java/J2ee, Oracle, SAP, People soft, data warehousing, mainframes, testing tools, etc.
- Work on H1 Hiring that includes locating quality resources across the India and screening them.
- Effectively used Indian Job portals i.e. Naukri and Monster for Job postings and Mining resumes for H1B Hiring.
- Sourced for Direct Clients State of New York, Time Warner, Time Inc., NYC Department of Education and The New York Times etc.
- Worked for Clients like State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of North Carolina, Deloitte Consulting, FedEx Kinko’s & Sabre Holdings.
Technology Specific Recruiting Skills
- Corp-corp.com, Scguild.com, Jobvertise.com, Hotjobs.com, Jobsahead.com,& Industry specific job boards
- Oracle Applications eBusiness Suite, Database and tools
- SAP ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- PeopleSoft ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- IT Staffing Sales and Recruiters.
Please find the attachment, it will be more helpful for the fresher to face the interview. All the best.
50 Common Interview Questions and Answers:
1. Tell me about yourself:
4. Do you consider yourself successful?
15. What is your philosophy towards work?
18. Explain how you would be an asset to this organization.
20. Tell me about a suggestion you have made.
22. What is your greatest strength?
25. What are you looking for in a job?
27. What is more important to you: the money or the work?
28. What would your previous supervisor say your strongest point is?
29. Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor.
31. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
32. Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
34. Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
35. How would you know you were successful on this job?
36. Would you be willing to relocate if required?
38. Describe your management style.
42. Do you think you are overqualified for this position?
43. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
44. What qualities do you look for in a boss?
46. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
47. Describe your work ethic.
48. What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
49. Tell me about the most fun you have had on the job.
50. Do you have any questions for me?
I have attached invitation to attend interview letter for selection panel.
BDEL/HRD/ /2011-12 ________(DATE)
(NAME AND ADDRESS OF PANEL MEMBERS)
Ref: Interviews for the Post of________
We invite you to kindly consent to be a Panel member for the interviews to be carried out for the positions of ________ at address. The details of the following are as under:
Please find a cheque no. ______ dated ______ for Rs._____/-drawn on _______ towards fees payable to you as a panel member for conducting the interviews.
Manager HR & Admin.
Other Related Job Interview Formats
Reschedule Job Interview Email Sample
Job Inquiry Email After Interview
Sample Job Interview Evaluation Form
Ways to Make Worst Impression at Your Job Interview
Job Refusal Letter after Interview
Interview Call Letter Format for Job
Sample Job Interview Call Letter Format
Sample Interview Call Letter in Doc Format
Sample Request Letter for Permission to Interview
Ways in Which Employers Notify Applicants About Interviews
Search Sample Formats:
- invitation for panel interview
- how to ask someone to sit on an interview panel
- interview panelist invitation
- sample letter requesting a representative to sit in on interview
- memo to request participation in a candidate interview panel
- formal business invite to be a panel member
- email to invite to serve on panel interview
- email template for selection panel
- wording for selection panel request
- email for interview panel sample