If you are a fresher and you have a job interview to face and you are very nervous about it then let us tell you that it is quite normal to be nervous. But in order to make sure that you are able to crack your interview, you must know the interview tips for freshers that can help you to be prepared in a better way and avoid doing mistakes that normally fresher candidates end up doing.
Glance through the interview tips for freshers shared below. These job interview tips have bee drafted keeping in mind the freshers and therefore, they must always be kept in mind.
Always Reach on Time
It is very important to be punctual as it expresses your seriousness about the interview. Therefore, whenever you are going for the interview, find out in advance about the location of the venue, the time to reach the venue and how to reach the venue so that you are able to reach there before time and there is no panic or nervousness because of reaching late for the interview.
Organize and Carry all Documents
Make sure that you have arranged all your documents that include your resume, education certificates, passport size photo, a notepad and a pen. If there is any other document that you have been asked to carry then don’t miss on it. Carry them all in a folder so that they are neatly organized.
Depending upon what kind of job you are going for, you must dress accordingly. Mostly formal clothing is the dress code that most of the companies follow and one must dress according to the code. Make sure that whatever you are planning to wear, it is tidy and smart. Always wear shoes that are polished and comb your hair properly. Don’t wear a fragrance that is too strong.
It is important that you should always look confident during your interview because if you lack confidence then even the best of the knowledge and the clothing cannot help you get through the interview. If you feel nervous at any point in time, take three deep breathes to calm yourself down.
Mind your body language
Before you will speak, your body is going to create an impression for you. Therefore, make sure that you wear a smile. When you sit or stand, do not slouch. Don’t keep your hands folded. Right body language is important as it reflects your basic nature as well as seriousness or interest in the job.
Be watchful of your actions
We often don’t realize but we end up doing things that can be a big turn off. For instance, chewing the gum during interview or tapping table with the pen or biting nails. All these actions can be a big disappointment for any interviewer.
Prepare self introduction
One of the most common questions during interviews is to tell something about yourself and therefore, you must have it prepared right. Self introduction in interview for freshers is all the more important as that is all they have for now to share with the interviewer and therefore, it has to be impressive.
Anticipate the Questions
You have to be smart enough to anticipate the questions while preparing for the interview. You can always list these probable questions and prepare answers for the same so that you have everything set in advance.
Listen before you speak
Whether it is an online interview or offline, listening before speaking is one of the most important tips for freshers online as well as offline. Always let the interviewer finish and then you answer rather than jumping over to answer it wrong. Take a second and then answer and present all the figures and facts to make your answer complete is every sense.
Always have an eye contact
Establishing eye contact while speaking reflects confidence and therefore, it is very important. If there is more than one interviewer then you must look at all of them instead of focusing on just one person.
Be audible and clear
It is important that whatever you are saying is well heard and understood and that is only possible when you are loud and clear. Don’t be too soft that no one can hear anything or too loud that it feels rude.
Don’t hesitate to say “no”
If you don’t have an answer to a question then it is always better to say a no than to give a wrong answer to it. It is just fine if you don’t know something.
It is always considered a good thing to ask questions when the interviewer asks you that if you have any questions. Prepare for a couple of questions before the interview by researching about the company. This would reflect your interest in the job and the company.
If you have received an interview call invitation then you must reply to it without wasting any time. If you are unable to figure out how to write a response email for interview call then we bring you the interview call letter reply example which will help you write your own reply letter for interview call.
This post includes a formal format for Response Letter to Interview Call Invitation. Feel free to use this Template for interview invitation email reply to draft a quick letter that fits well in your situation.
Response Letter to Interview Call Invitation
Dear Mr. Smith,
I would like to thank you for evaluating my application for the post of Marketing Executive at Zenith Technologies and the invitation to attend the interview in the coming week.
I am writing this letter to confirm my presence for the same on March 30th, 2023 at 10 am at your zonal office at City Centre. I will be carrying all the documents mentioned in the invitation letter.
Looking forward for the meeting.
Template for interview invitation Email reply
Dear Mr. Black,
Thank you for considering my job application for the profile of HR Executive at Wellness Hotels Ltd. I am writing this letter to thank you for the invitation for the interview and I confirm that I will be present for the interview on March 12th, 2023 at 11 am at Wellness Hotel, New York.
I will also be carrying all the documents that you have mentioned of in the invitation letter.
I will be looking forward for the meeting.
Second interview is a step closer to your dream job and therefore, you must make the most of this opportunity. If you have received a call for second job interview then you must send a thank you letter for 2nd job interview. Be thankful for the opportunity in a formal way by writing a thank you letter for job interview invitation to HR or concerned person.
This post includes a thank you letter sample for a second interview. You can use this second job interview invitation letter sample to create a customized thank you letter for second job interview in a proficient manner.
Sample Thank you Letter for 2nd Round Job Interview Invitation
42, Lakeside Apartments
Date: August 16th, 2021
The HR Manager
Sub: Interview for the profile of Senior Marketing Executive
I am writing this letter to thank you for inviting me for the second round of interview for the profile of Senior Marketing Executive. I am extremely thankful to you for providing me with another opportunity to discuss the profile. I understand that the interview has been scheduled on August 20th, 2021 at 10 am at the New York branch and I would like to confirm that I will be there for the interview at the scheduled time.
I am looking forward for the interview as I am keen on joining a reputed company like yours and shoulder the roles and responsibilities with the best of the abilities that this job profile demands. I ensure that I will be putting in the best of the efforts in contributing towards the growth and success of the company.
Thanking you once again for giving me this opportunity.
Other Related Job Interview Formats
Reply to Thank You Email to Boss for Appreciation
1 Year Completion in Company Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter After Phone Job Interview
Thank You Letter Example for an Administrative Interview
Reschedule Job Interview Email Sample
Job Inquiry Email After Interview
Sample Job Interview Evaluation Form
Job Refusal Letter after Interview
Interview Call Letter Format for Job
Sample Job Interview Call Letter Format
Sample Interview Call Letter in Doc Format
Sample Request Letter for Permission to Interview
The wait for the result is killing after a job interview or job application submission and to kill this suspense, writing a follow up letter for job status after interview or application is a good idea. Follow up letter after phone interview always leaves a good impression showing how enthusiastic you are about the job. There are various follow-up letter examples that you can use to create a short and sweet follow up email after interview. Take help of these follow up letter samples that give you a good idea about creating your own letter.
In this post, we bring to you two different follow up email after interview sample. Use these follow-up email formats to create customized drafts. Utilize these interview follow up letter templates to avoid doing any mistake.
Follow up Letter for Job Application Status after Interview
56, Falcon Crest,
Date: January 28th, 2020
Ms. Sharmila Goenka
ABZ Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
Dear Ms. Goenka,
Thank you for taking out your precious time to discuss with me about the role of Senior Marketing Executive. It was wonderful meeting you and learning more about the profile.
I am very enthusiastic about joining the prestigious ABZ Technologies Pvt. Ltd. What excites me more are the future plans that you shared with me with aim at positioning the brand in the markets at a completely new level because it highlights the amazing opportunities that will help me utilize my experience and contribute to the growth of the organization.
The in-depth discussion with you about the profile and upcoming projects has made me all the more confident that my work experience will help me establish your brand at a position where you desire it to be. I am sure that I will be able to fulfill all the responsibilities in synergy with the vision of the company. For any further details, please contact me at 9898989898 or [email protected].
Looking forward to hear from you.
Follow up Email for Job Application Status after Interview
Dear Ms. Goenka,
Thank you for giving me your time and discussing the profile of Project Manager with me. I really appreciated learning more about ABZ Technologies Pvt. Ltd. and also about the profile.
I was very excited to learn about the upcoming projects. These projects are going to prove to take the company to new heights and also bring fantastic opportunities for employees to learn new things and have a progressive career. I strongly feel that the kind of projects you have in line, my experience is going to complement them. From last four years, I have been handling the projects of the same kind and stature.
Please feel free to get in touch with me for any more details or information. Looking forward to hear from you.
Recruitment is one of the most important things for any organization to ensure most effective hiring. HR managers use different types of recruitment methods to have more and more potential applicants. They come up with innovative recruitment methods to find the most perfect candidate for any job opening. These days digital recruitment trends are the latest addition to the effective recruitment strategies and practices.
In this post, we will be discussing innovative and creative recruitment ideas that are used by HR managers. Find out the emerging trends in recruitment and selection process and alternative recruitment methods used in present times.
Best Recruiting Ideas – Creative & Innovative Ways to Find Talents
- Structured Employee Interviews
Companies conduct structured employment interviews in which there is a set of questions which are asked to every applicant and based on that selection is done. This is a promising method of recruitment which doesn’t get affected by biases. Here, the interviewer has to research and develop effective and smart questions to be posed during the interview which can help them select the right candidate for the profile.
- Video Interviewing
This is another way of recruiting and is surely a very convenient and effective way to interview when your candidate is sitting at some other location altogether. With video recording, you not only save on your time and money but you can also have an access to a bigger pool of candidates to interview. To get much finer results, collecting data on body language like movement of eyes, any kind of non-verbal communication will be very helpful.
- IQ Tests
It is extremely important that the person you are selecting has some level of IQ in him for a particular profile. Also known as GMA or General Mental Ability test, it is very helpful in measuring a person based on his academic knowledge. No matter which position it is or which sector it is, IQ tests reveal the speed to learn new things and also how successful will be a person in a particular job. Though IQ is not everything but it does help in rejecting the candidates who are not that competent.
- Programmatic Advertising
This is a smart recruitment method when you are hiring online. In this kind of recruitment method, there is an automatic posting of job ads that focus on the candidate profiles you are in search of. This involves recruiting on niche sites which is definitely a creative way to recruit. It is all about making your good prospects see your job posting advertisement and apply for the job.
- Job Knowledge Test
With a Job Knowledge Test, you can have a deeper insight of a person’s expertise in a particular role. The results of this test help a manager know that what all things the candidate already knows. In short, the results indicate everything that a person knows in relation with the profile he has applied for, thereby, making the process of selection easier and more accurate. But this test has some limitations as it just highlights the procedural knowledge of a person but doesn’t predict the decision-making abilities.
- Connecting with Passive Candidates
There are various passive candidates out there who are not looking for any kind of job change as of now. By establishing a connection with them using social media platforms, you can lay road to future connections when they are looking for a job change. This kind of approach may not benefit you in real time but in long term, companies can make their recruitment methods a lot more diversified with passive candidates included in their list.
- Integrity Test
Just like knowing the knowledge aspect of a candidate, it is also important to know his behavioural aspect. Integrity Test aims at finding these behavioural traits because though knowledge is important but how a person behaves in a situation is even more important. With this test, you can know about the level of honesty, dependability, commitment and dedication a person has towards his work which again is extremely helpful in recruitment process.
- Social Media
In the digital recruitment trends, social media is an amazingly impressive alternative recruitment method. You can use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to develop connections with all those who are looking out for a job. This will help you have applications from different locations which will give you a much bigger candidate pool to make the best of the selections for whichever post you want.
- Employer Review Site
Employers must not miss on Employer Review Sites because they play a very strong role in recruitments. Sites like Glassdoor should always be given importance. Job seekers are always looking for information about the companies for which they are applying and if they find bad reviews about a company then it is a serious loss for the employer. Don’t miss this effective recruitment strategy and practice which can help you save yourself from losing a good candidate.
- Employee Referrals
This is another recruitment method used by HR managers. Though you have kept your options for hiring open but you must not forget that you can use your employee referrals as well. This is a smart way of reducing your cost and saving your time. Not only that, this method ensures highest ROI. So before you step out and look for candidates by spending a lots of your money, ask your employees for referrals and there are bright chances that you might just get lucky.
These are some of the innovative recruitment ideas used by HR managers to hire the most potential candidates.
You You Like Also Other Recruitment Ideas
7 Effective Tips To Increase Possibility of Candidate Joining After Hiring
Interesting Ways to Make Worst Impression at Your Job Interview
10 Secrets for Making Job Search A Great Success
Interview Tricks To Hire the Best Employee for Your Company
Use Strengths and Weaknesses to Crack Your Interview
Things You Should Avoid Wearing to a Job Interview
Ways in Which Employers Notify Applicants About Interviews
Staff Recruitment and Selection Policy of A Company
Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, we fail to reach for interview on time. If you have also missed on your interview because of some situational factors, it is important that you write a formal email to apologize the interviewer for not reporting on time and also stating the reason because of which you could not be present for the interview.
Given below is a sample apology email addressing the employer for missing on interview. Use this example email to create your personalized draft in a formal manner. Such emails are short and to the point.
Sample Apology Email to an Employer for Missing an Interview
Dear Mr. James,
I would like to apologize for not making it for the interview on Thursday, March 24th at 11 a.m. On my way to your office, an accident had taken place because of which there was a traffic jam which lasted for almost an hour, but this is no excuse as I should have left my home earlier to make sure that I reach your office on time. I also tried reaching your office through phone but due to some network problems, I could not make a call.
I completely understand that every company desires responsible and punctual employees which are a reflection of professionalism. I know I have disappointed you with my lack of professionalism on Thursday but I request a last chance to interview with your for the profile of Marketing Manager at ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd. I strongly believe that I am the right choice for this profile because of my rich experience in the field of marketing and my capability to meet the targets with greatest effectiveness.
I will ensure that this time I reach for the interview on time without any fail. I will make sure that I don’t give you any chance to get disappointed. I will take all steps to leave no room for any delays.
I will call you later this week to know if we can have an interview scheduled again. I would like to apologize again for my actions.
Looking forward to meet you and demonstrate you why I am the right choice for this profile.
Other Related Apology Letter Formats
Apology Letter for Being Late for Work
Apology Letter to Client for Poor Performance
Tips for Apologizing to Employers and Colleagues
Apology Letter for Cancellation of Business Meeting
Apology Letter to Company Management for Misunderstanding
How to Write a Rejection Letter (with Sample Letter).
Regret letters are normally sent by companies after the completion of an interview process. Such letters are normally sent out to those applicants whose applications were reviewed but were not qualified for the final interview. It is written with a clear purpose to convey the sorry sense by the recruiting managers.
Here is an example of how to write such letters in a professional tone with the right emotion:
Dear (Candidate Name),
We thank you for forwarding us your application to seek interview for the position of (job position) at (Organization Name). Our Recruiting Body is done with the initial screening process and has come up with the final list of those who have been selected for the next round. We regret to announce that you have not qualified for our final search. However, we thank you for applying and believe that you will apply for future employment opportunities at (Organization Name).
We thank you for showing your interest in (Organization Name) and wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.
Recruiting Body Chairman
- A. Family Profile
- 1. Name of Father: ______________________
- 2. Father’s Occupation: ___________________
- 3. Name of Mother: ______________________
- 4. Mother’s Occupation: __________________
- 5. Siblings:
Brothers: ……….. Marital Status: …………………….. Work Status: ………………..
Sisters: ..……….. Marital Status: ……………………… Work Status: ………………..
- B. Personal Profile:
- 1. Marital Status: A. Married _________ B. Single ________ C. Divorcee_________
- 2. Spouse – Working/Self employed/Housewife: ___________________________
- 3. Spouse Employment Location: A. Mumbai ______ B. Out of Mumbai _______
- 4. No of Kids: _________
- 5. Kids Education Status: ______________________________________________
- C. Personal Identifications
- 1. Driving License No: __________ Contact Details: _____________
- 2. Passport No: _______________ Expiry Date: ________________
- 3. PAN No: __________________
- 4. Residential Address: ______________________________________________
- 1. Age: ______ Weight: ________ Height: __________Blood Group: ______
- 2. Details of the chronic disease: _______________________________________
- 3. Details of disease which can affect the work setting: _____________________
- 4. Any other material information to be disclosed: ________________________
- E. Current Organisation Profile
- 1. Name: ____________________
- 2. Managing Person: ___________
- 3. Reporting Person: ___________
- 4. Draw the organizational hierarchy in which you are working:
- 5. Staff Strength: ______
- 6. Reasons to leave the organisation:
- A. Financial Expectations
- B. Technology specific knowledge enhancement
- C. Work related issues
- D. Behavior with peers and superiors
- E. First Job
Explain and specify the reasons any of the above (A-E) or any other reason(s)
- 7. Reasons for the break in service (during the career and between the jobs)
- 8. Reasons to relocate Mumbai:_____________________________________________
- 9. Expectations with the future employer: ___________________________________
10. Earliest Joining Period: __________
11. Reasons for the earliest joining: ____________________
12. Details of the relieving formalities with the previous employer; in case the opportunity offered in Redtray:
- A. Task to handover _________________________________________________
- B. Others _________________________________________________________
- F. Financial Details:
- 1. Present Salary Package:
(This will be verified with the documents at the time of technical interview at Mumbai)
- 2. Benefits/Facilities provided by the current employer:
General Terms and Conditions for the employment
1. Agreement: 2 Year
Amount: Rs 50000.00 secured by 5 undated cheques of Rs 10000.00 each in favour of <Name of the Company>. In the event of breach of Agreement, employee will have to pay Rs 50000.00 to the company or otherwise the cheques will be presented in the bank.
2. Next Appraisal: <Date>
- G. Employment and Qualification details
COMPANY relies upon the accuracy of the information contained in this application, as well as accuracy of the other data presented through the hiring process and employment. Any misinterpretations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in the exclusion of the individual from further considerations for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.
- H. Reference Details
- Direct :
- News Paper Information (Name of the News Paper): _____________________________
- Referred by others (Provide Details): _________________________________________
- Directly and personally approached:__________________________________________
- Employee Referrals of <Name of Company>: ______________________________________
(Name of the employee)
- Consultant (Name of the Consultant):___________________________________________
Please fill the relevant information
Please find the following questions, may helpful to judge the candidates before taking an interview.
What inspires you?
What are your aspirations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What are your favorite past time?
Strength & weakness?
Do you have any offers in your hand at present?
What did you know about us?
Why should we hire you?
If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
Tell me something about our company.
I have attached Interview Preparation With Answers for IT Recruiters.
US IT RECRUITER
- As a recruiter I work on IT requirements. I have 4 years of Recruitment experience as an IT Recruiter with staffing company.
- My prime responsibilities include sourcing, interviewing and hiring of IT professionals for multiple projects and assignments in the IT services industry. screen candidates according to the requirement.
- I Identify interview and submit candidates in a timely and efficient manner.
- I am Responsible for the full life cycle recruiting for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placements with special emphasis on the information technology, telecom and engineering sector, Public Sector Federal, State & Local Government, Higher Education,Banking,Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare & Entertainment Verticals.
- Worked on Recruiting H1B Consultants, Green card Holders & US Citizens for Direct Client Requirements & Vendor Requirements.
- regular follow up with the client on day to day basis to receive new Job Orders and Feedbacks.
- Responsible for completing paperwork, background checks and reference checks for H1b applicants.
- Co-ordinate with the administration in arranging avenues for the interviews on cost effective base.
- Scheduled travel and lodging for incoming out of town candidates.
- Hands on experience with job sites such as Monster, Dice, Big Niller, Craig lists, Net temps, Career builder, Computer jobs, Yahoo Hot jobs, Dev Bistro,linkedin
- Experience in Tax Terms – 1099/w2/ C2C
- Experience in Visas – OPT, H1B, EAD, GC & USC
- Kept track of every candidate submitted and took updates on their status from the client on daily basis.
- Helped candidates to prepare for in-person and Telephonic Interviews and kept them in loop with latest updates from the client.
- Involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintaining relationship with the consultant is extended further after he gets placed, I assisted them in signing up the contract forms and I was responsible for getting the timesheets on-time.
- I am involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintained an efficient database, with the help of which I could successfully deliver right IT people in right time.
- Establish and manage relationships with recruitment vendors and third party agencies
- I worked with IT consultants of various experience levels on .Net, Java/J2ee, Oracle, SAP, People soft, data warehousing, mainframes, testing tools, etc.
- Work on H1 Hiring that includes locating quality resources across the India and screening them.
- Effectively used Indian Job portals i.e. Naukri and Monster for Job postings and Mining resumes for H1B Hiring.
- Sourced for Direct Clients State of New York, Time Warner, Time Inc., NYC Department of Education and The New York Times etc.
- Worked for Clients like State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of North Carolina, Deloitte Consulting, FedEx Kinko’s & Sabre Holdings.
Technology Specific Recruiting Skills
- Corp-corp.com, Scguild.com, Jobvertise.com, Hotjobs.com, Jobsahead.com,& Industry specific job boards
- Oracle Applications eBusiness Suite, Database and tools
- SAP ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- PeopleSoft ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- IT Staffing Sales and Recruiters.