How To Write A Vacation Request Email (Example & Format)
Vacation is the time we all look forward to because that is the time to relax and enjoy but before going for a vacation, one is required to write a Simple vacation leave request email. It is an easy to draft email and includes information about the duration of vacation, the dates of vacation and other important things in relation with the holiday.
We have come up with a vacation request email sample Format along with important and useful Vacation Request Email Tips. Just use this vacation request sample Email and you can create your own email with much ease.
Tips for writing a Vacation Request Email
We have come up with essential tips for writing a vacation request email that one must always keep in mind:
- Learn about the Vacation Policy: It is very important for one to know about the vacation policy of a company before writing one such email so that you are sure that you have not made any violations while submitting your request for vacation email. You can also speak to your HR regarding the same and know the important points about taking vacation.
- Send an advanced notice: Always inform your employer well in advance if you are wanting to go on a vacation. A one month of advance notice sounds like a good thing to do in order to have the management prepared. Moreover, everyone in the team would be aware of your dates.
- Dates: It is always better to go on a vacation when it is the off season for your industry as the work load is going to be lesser. Smartly picking on your vacations will always get you an easy approval of your vacation request email. Never ever go on a holiday when you know that it is a busy time for the company as this is going to drive everyone crazy.
- Put up a strong subject line: Strong subject line is quite important and that is because the reader would be able to attracted towards it and will certainly read it. The subject line should clearly state the purpose of writing the letter so that the reader knows what he or she can expected from the letter.
- Make the reason of letter clear: Don’t forget to mention the intention of writing this email in clear words and in order to do that, make sure that you stick to the point and do not get involved into unnecessary banter.
- Include the dates: stating that you need a break from eight days is not enough as you must include the start and end dates of the vacation in order to bring clarity in the number of days as well as what particular days,
- Mention about the work you are doing: It is always a good idea to brief the reader about the work you have been doing presently so that one is aware of the tasks you generally do and who all will be needed to fill in the space in your absence.
- Offer to answer questions: Sometimes the reader may have some doubts and wish to ask some questions. Always invite the person to pose you with their questions for better understanding.
Vacation Request Email Sample Format
Dear Mr. Brown,
I, Richard Smith, am writing this letter to request you kindly approve my request for vacation. I am looking forward to go on a vacation with my family from June 1st, 2023 to June 6th, 2023 and I will be reporting to work from June 7th, 2023.
This is my usual time for taking a vacation as this is the time when the schools of my kids have the summer break and makes a suitable time for us to holiday together.
Presently, I am heading the “Kidz App” and I am expected to have the final sample approved from the clients before I go for the break. Once we get the approval, the team will get busy in creating the actual app and the things will be easy to manage by Mr. Henry Gibbs. While travelling I will only be available over email and in case of any issues, I can be reached on [email protected].
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any more questions then please feel free to get in touch with me.