A letter of recommendation carries a lot of weight. Manager recommendation letters are of extreme importance for employees when they are applying for a new job or they are submitting their visa applications. If you are a manager then you need to know the recommendation letter format to create your own letter. There are all kinds of reference letter examples and sample reference letters from managers available online to make this task a little easier.
This post includes recommendation letter for employee from manager doc. You can simply follow the recommendation letter for employee from manager template to write one for your subordinates.
Recommendation Letter For Employee From Manager Example
Elite Hospitality Ltd.
68 Station Road
Date: September 16th, 2020
Mr. Andrew Jacob
Newman Food Supplies Ltd.
St. Arthur Road
Dear Mr. Andrew,
I am writing this letter to recommend Ana Smith as a Marketing Manager for your organization. Ana has been associated with our company for good six years. She started as a Marketing Executive and with her hard work and dedication, she walked up the ladder to become a manager of her department.
Ana has been a dedicated and committed employee of our company who has always be extremely responsive towards her duties. She has amazing leadership qualities with which she motivates her subordinates and brings out the best in each and every member of her team. She is always up and ready for new challenges and works hard towards contributing to the success of the organization.
Ana has worked on many projects and has successfully completed them all with her caliber, experience and knowledge. With her commitment and hard work, she has always earned great respect not only from her subordinates but also from her seniors.
Though losing Ana will be a big loss for our organization but due to her personal reasons, she has to shift to Bristol. I feel wherever she is, she is going to stay with the company for long and always work hard to take the company to new heights. In case you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me at 9898989898 or email me at [email protected].
Elite Hospitality Ltd.
Related to Recommendation Letter Formats
Search Sample Formats:
It is the duty of the manager to motivate his employees. Motivation is extremely important to make your employees aim higher and work harder. Without motivation, no organization and no employee can improve. Therefore, managers should know what motivates their employees and serve them the same thing to get better performance. For some money is the motivation and for some recognition is. Some enjoy new challenges and competition while some are contented with their work. It is very much subjective to a candidate what motivates him.
Understanding the Motivational Issues
Sometimes people fail to act, not because they are not motivated but because they have other issues which make it difficult for them to accomplish what they can. Here are some situations:
- Time Management Issue: Some people lack the ability to use their time and as a result they are unable to perform even when they are motivated.
- Procrastination Issue: Some people delay things not because they are not motivated but because they have some fear or they lack confidence.
- Issues with Approach: Some people have a typical that they cannot do a particular job or they should have done that job. They are somehow stuck with the past.
- Issues with Thinking Pattern: Some people think differently. They jump to conclusions, mislabel, magnify or minimize problems. They can do things but they are unable to.
A Guide to Motivation
We have come up with few motivating techniques that will help you and your organization grow.
Motivate Them to Be More Productive
Almost all the companies use rewards and competition to motivate their employees to be more productive but this kind of approach loses its luster with time. Here are a few tips to help:
- Know various kinds of rewards:
Big and unexpected rewards are used seldom but motivate employees very well. Scheduled rewards are very much expected and regular rewards that are easy to attain for anyone in the company. Rewards depending upon everyday work of employees. Companies have to use mix of these rewards to motivate the employees.
- Maintain transparent work culture
Not all companies are comfortable with this idea but maintaining transparency in company actually helps in motivating employees. This helps them trust their company better and work harder to be a stronger part of it.
- Encourage loyalty
It is not easy to find employees who are loyal to companies. So focus on this attribute which every company desires for.
- Profit sharing with employees
This is another kind of reward. Employees feel motivated because increased productivity reflects in their income as well. They are motivated to work continuously to give better results as each and every attempt that they make brings about a change in their overall earnings.
- Reward them for their hard work
It is important to reward employees for their hard work. When they get bonus for their extra commitment and new leads, they feel motivated to work harder. It is for the managers to see that each one gets paid for the hard work in the reward system.
- Excessive pressure hampers performance
If in the name of motivation, you end up putting extra pressure on your employees then it is quite damaging. It actually turns out to be the biggest demotivator for them. It is nothing but bad management skills that end up putting their employees under unnecessary performance because of which they fail to deliver even their regular performance. Be justified with what you ask your employees for.
Motivate Them to be More Creative
Make your employees more innovative, encourage them to think differently. Here are the tricks that are of great help:
- Allow Them To Have A Little Fun: If you want them to be creative, you have to allow them to have some fun. Creativity flourishes in an easy and fun-filled setting.
- Let Them Have Freedom to Think: Let your employees have their own ideas put into action, learn from their mistakes and enjoy their success.
Motivate Them to Work In Synergy
Companies have to strike the right balance between having their customers work together but not against each other. Managers have to be smart with using their motivational tactics to motivate their employees effectively so that team dynamics don’t get affected and also that employees don’t care about competition.
- Don’t let competition damage teamwork
Companies have various teams and managers must check that outputs of these teams don’t get hampered because of competition. Synchronization between the both is a must.
- Fair competition is healthy competition
The spirit of the competition has to be positive. Don’t let any kind of negative behavior surface during the competition or else it will again act as a demotivator.
- Check on gossips
Managers must make sure that any kind of practices like gossiping and backstabbing don’t surface in the company. They have long lasting damages.
This is a complete guide to help managers motivate their employees in the right way.
Finance is the most important department in every industry and business. You just cannot image your working without it. Hence, the profile of financial manager becomes really very important. He is one person whose presence in every industry is must in order to record, maintain and manage the flow of money along with creating plans to achieve short term and long term financial goals with effectiveness. There is great demand for experienced and professionally qualified financial managers in the market. But some of the industries which are the highest pay masters to these personnel have been mentioned in this article. Let us know for which industries financial manager is an important profile.
Management of an Organization
No matter how small or big is your company; a financial manager is someone you cannot afford to miss from your list of managers. He is the one who is responsible for managing all the profits, losses and money flow in your firm. It is the subjective choice of a company that what it wants to call the financial manager. Some call him a controller and some a treasurer but the essence remains the same. They are not just responsible for managing the money but sometimes the onus of finding new sources for funds also lies on their shoulders. Hence, they play a big role forming the backbone of many enterprises to help them manage their monetary funds.
Insurance and Finance Companies
Finance and insurance companies absorb the highest number of financial managers and of course they also pay them handsome salaries because their job involves managing lots of money that comes with breathtaking financial risk. These experts have to stay aware about the market and its trends and act according to the changes in the world of economics. It is also important that they should be able to anticipate and predict these changes with precision so that proactive actions can be taken. Hence, the importance of this job profile is highest in these two industries as a financial manager is the main planner.
The role of a financial manager in a manufacturing industry is diverse. He has to look into every aspect of production to make sure that the company gets benefited by making the optimum utilization of resources. For instance, he finds new machinery for making the production process a lot faster and smoother so that the company is able to have effortless manufacturing with greater returns. He is also the one who would ensure that at every stage, the company is saving its operating costs so that it can have the best money management.
Government is always in need of financial managers. Be it a federal, state or central government; at every level the roles, responsibilities and importance of this profile is valuable. This is so because government needs to manage its financial collections and allocate them into different sectors by designing a budget plan and then execute that plan as per the budget. From generating funds to allocating funds, there is so much of planning, organizing and execution involved which can only be managed by professional financial managers who understand each and every aspect of taxation, money generation and allocation to make the best use of public money and accomplish more and more targets with effectiveness.
Financial Managers are also needed by various professional institutions, scientific bodies and technical organizations in order to provide some kind of directions and education in accounting, book-keeping and various related financial aspects. The whole and sole purpose to have an expert is to have someone who can provide his expert suggestions and advices on how to generate revenue and how to stay in synchronization with the economic changes. These industries can hire them on part-time or full-time basis depending upon their need and these professionals provide their thoughtful recommendations on different financial needs.
These are some of the industries which are known to be the highest paying industries as to them financial manager is the most important profile as they have to take important decisions concerning financial matters which have great influence on the working and growth.
Project manager is one person who is responsible for managing a project on the whole. There is a large variation in his duties and roles from one industry to another and one company to another. Hence, there is no such very specific list of duties that are performed by a project manager. But there are certain key HR duties and responsibilities which every project manager has to perform.
This article brings to you all those key duties which every project manager must perform in order to be successful. These set of duties are very much helpful for him in carrying our various other duties that he is expected to perform.
This is one of the most important duties of a project manager. It is for him to create a plan of action depending upon what needs to be accomplished, who will be working to accomplish the task and what are the requirements to make it happen. These are some of the planning areas in which he needs to be involved so that he is able to chart out everything using his planning skills. But it is not a onetime task but it goes on throughout the project. This is very important in bringing clarity in the project and its objectives so that the team can work with a clear state of mind and knows what it is suppose to do.
This is another very essential duty that you have to perform as project manager. It is about undertaking all the tasks concerning your planning and creating a team structure accordingly so that all the tasks can be accomplished in a clean and clear manner. As a project manager, you are required to allot all different kinds of resources into various heads keeping in mind the structure of the company. You are required to identify different roles, positions and responsibilities. List out all the services that will be provided by external sources and also define a structure of your project team in order to bring clarity of roles one needs to perform.
Project Manager must be a good leader. He needs to know how to put his plan into execution so that he is able to achieve his project objectives. He needs to take all of his team together as one entity and motivate them to deliver the best of their performances in order to meet the objectives. For this, he needs to have soft skills like clarity in communication, ability to motivate his teammates, act as problem solver etc. Leading the team is very important to give directions to the team and assign tasks to each team member so that there is coordination in work.
Another role that you are required to perform as the project manager is making sure that your project is meeting all the standards that you had set for it. It is very important to ensure at every step that your project is on track and work hard to keep it on the right path. To do that, you need to follow a simple process which includes three steps:
- Measure the performance
- Evaluate the performance by finding out causes for deviation from standards
- Taking corrective actions to alter deviations
These are the basic duties of a project manager which are very helpful in delivering a high class performance. So if you are planning to apply for this post, make sure you are able to perform all these functions.
Whenever you are applying for leave from work, you are expected to mention the reason for your absence. But sometimes it happens that you are not in a position to disclose the reason behind your leave request because there are some situations in which you are not able to mention the reason. It is either very personal or you don’t wish to disclose it officially. If you are in need of framing such a letter then refer to the format sample given below.
Use the example to write a formal and customized leave request letter for personal reasons.
Format of Leave Letter to Manager for Personal Reason
123 Prospect Ave, Apt 111
Date: 02th March, 2015
ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
123 Park Avenue
Subject: Leave Application for Personal Reason
I am writing this letter to inform you that I am in need of leave for a week, from 20th February, 2015 till 26th February, 2015, due to some personal reasons. Because there is some serious situation in my family, I need to be there with my family members and I cannot even state the reason for my absence.
Hopefully, on 27th February, 2015 I shall be able to resume my work. I have handed over all my work to Ms. Julie Jackson and she will be managing the project in my absence. During this time, you can contact me on phone at 123-456-78 or you can email me at [email protected] as and when you need my assistance.
Thanking you for your kind consideration in this matter.
Other Related Leave Email/Letter Format and Sample
Leave Extension Email for Medical Treatment
Leave Extension Application for Mother/ Father Medical Treatment
Leave Extension Email Due to Mother/ Father Death
Leave Extension Email for Maternity Leave
Leave Extension Application for Family Problems
Use our budget planner in Excel to work out what you are spending your money on and compare this with your income.
|You may move from worksheet to worksheet by clicking on the dark blue buttons|
|located at the top of each worksheet or the blue tabs at the bottom of this workbook.|
|Enter data in only the white cells with gray borders:|
|Use the drop down boxes to chart different time periods (Current Month, Prior Month, Yearly, Jan, Feb, etc.)|
|Create a quick and easy budget by filling out the white cells on the “Quick Budget” sheet. Enter the “Frequency” by using the drop down menu|
|provided in each cell. The Monthly/Yearly figures are calculated for you and compared to your Tracking (actual) figures on the “Comparison” sheet.|
|Make sure “Use this budget for comparison purposes” is selected. (If this box is not selected, the “Budget By Month” figures will be used for|
|comparison purposes instead.)|
|Budget by Month|
|Use the “Budget By Month” sheet to create a budget with greater detail. Select your first budget month by using the drop down box in|
|the “Income” section. To unhide future months, click the grey button at the top of the sheet labeled “Click here then Ctrl+Shift+0”.|
|Make sure “Use this budget for comparison purposes” is selected if you are building ‘a budget by month. (If this box is not selected,|
|the “Quick Budget” sheet figures will be used for comparison purposes instead.)|
|Use this sheet to track your actual income and spending. Select your first tracking month by using the drop down box in the “Income” section.|
|These figures will be compared to your budgeted figures on the “Comparison” page.|
|Use this sheet to monitor how well you are sticking to your budget. Compare different time periods by using the drop down box above the|
|We’ve provided this sheet for those interested in tracking their spending on a daily basis. This simple record goes a long way in helping|
|you stick to your budget.|
I have attached Appraisal Form For Sales Manager in word format.
Performance Evaluation Form
Department : Marketing
Department : Sales Manager
Review Period : 01/01/04 to 30/11/04
Employee Name :
Designation : Date of Joining :
Qualification : Location :
Date of Birth : Employment Status : Probationary/Confirmed
Please assess your performance in the following areas in terms of your current role requirements based on the ratings,
Exceeds Expectations – (4)
Meets Expectations – (3)
Meets Minimal Requirements – (2)
Unable to meet Requirements – (1)
V – Versatility
I – Interaction with
|B – Building Company image/business|
H – Honesty
|A – Accountability|
7. Meeting targets within deadlines
11. Product knowledge
12. Market knowledge
14. New market survey and analysis
15. Analysing sales promotional activities
16. Forecasting the sales
17. Monitoring of stock transfers and sales returns
18. Monitoring of security deposits
19. Quality awareness in lot wise dispatches
21. Economy in use of Company resources
22. Maintenance of vehicle if provided
4. Communication skills
1) Please list the major responsibilities of your job in order of importance.
2) What do you consider to be the most important achievements of your career this year?
3) Please list the major problems you have solved in the review period.
4) Please specify the Appreciation(s) (if any) you received from the Management in the review period.
5) Please state the Additional activities you have involved related to your job in the review period.
6) What additional responsibilities you would like to take in the next year?
7) What motivates you,
a) Increment e) Recognition
b) Secure Employment f) Creative and Challenging work
c) Designation g) Role Expansion
d) Promotion h) Training and Development
8) Have you acquired any other qualification in this year, if so please specify.
9) What elements of your job interest you the most and why?
10) What elements of your job do you find most difficult and why?
11) Is there any Grievance that you wish to bring to the notice of the Management? (Please do not hesitate, if genuine, the same will be looked into)
12) Your goal in the Organization in near future.
By 2005 2006 2007
13) What sort of training/experience would benefit you in the next year?
14) Please specify the problems (if any) beyond your control, which have affected your ability and efficiency.
15) Briefly specify the Strength and Weakness of Vibha in your Department.
16) Prospects of growth of Vibha in the Seed Industry as per your perception.
c) No Scope
17) Your Comments concerning this appraisal. (Optional)
Functional Head Comments:
I have Attached Hr Manager CV
SANKARAN H Email :sankaranhXX@XXXXcom 0953XXXXXXXX,90XXXXXXX
To play a significant role in sales and Marketing agent for challenging accounts.
- Strong Background in problem solving and communication, both written and oral
- Flexible, focused and mission oriented team play
Educational Details :
- HSC Danish Mission Hr.Sec.School, Thiruvannamalai. (70%)(mar.1994)
- SSLC Sri V.D.S. Jain Hr.Sec.School, Thiruvannamalai. (57 %)(APR.1992)
- MA (History) In Annamalai University (52%)(MAY-2004)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (II Class)(AUG1994—APRIL1997)
Summary of Experience
Around Fourteenth years of experience in sales and marketing field.
Sri Vivekanda Eye Hospital – Tiruvannamalai – (10 Years) (JAN.1998—DEC2007)
contacting free eye camps, arranging the free eye camps all over in Tamil Nadu
Area Sales Manager-(JAN.2008—June 2010)
SS Communication – Tiruvannamalai – (2.6 Years)
- Conducted essential sales purposes in each person.
- Maintained and compiled records of all business transactions, including sales orders, purchase orders, accounts receivable/payable, and inventory.
- Investigate and analyze information; solve problems and resolve issues using facts, written policies, procedures, or specifications.
- Followed up on purchase orders, providing tracking information to accounts, and showing all available information on orders
- Conducted team performance reviews.
Sri Venkadaswara Communication – Tiruvannamalai (JUNE.2010-18.FEB2011) DISTRIUBUTER SALES EXECUTIVE (Videocon Mobiles)
- Provided support to the sales department in the development of sales proposals and correspondence to customers
- Developed and maintained excellent vendor and customer relationships.
- Prepared selling plans and applied them effectively
Key Retailer Executive—(19FEB-2011 TO 14SEP-2011)
(Videocon Telecommunication Ltd.,)
. Collaboratively manage multiple banners within the team, monthly forecast/volume, financial processing/analysis and tracking via CSM.
. Develop & execute sales specific promotions. Lead, train, coach, motivate and manage indirect account contributors.
. Communicate as appropriate activity internally and externally throughout the organization .
SALES OFFICER—MOVIL MOBILE.(15SEP-2011 TO 30 DEC-2011) .
A sales officer will have to develop a proactive and advisory-driven distribution of the full range products which the company offers.
Offering support to marketing department and having to take initiatives to support systematic and disciplined distribution of the product has to be seen by the candidate for this post.
- MS Office 2000
- Typewriting (Lower)
Father’s Name : N. Harikrishnan
Date of Birth : 16-04-19XX
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Religion : Hindu
Martial Status : Unmarried
Language Known : Tamil, English
LOCAL ADDRESS : No:XX Xth floor,flat no.X,3rdcross,Bhbcs layout, viratnagar, , Bommanahalli,Bangalore-68
PERMANENT ADDRESS: No. X, XXXXXr XXXXr, saron XXXXXXXXXXX
Tiruvannamalai – 606 602.TAMILNADU
I hereby declare that the above mentioned details are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place : Thiruvannamalai Signature
Date : (H. Sankaran)
Definition: A Manager is the person responsible for planning and directing the work of a group of individuals, monitoring their work, and taking corrective action when necessary. For many people, this is their first step into a management career.
Managers may direct workers directly or they may direct several supervisors who direct the workers. The manager must be familiar with the work of all the groups he/she supervises, but does not need to be the best in any or all of the areas. It is more important for the manager to know how to manage the workers than to know how to do their work well.
A manager may have the power to hire or fire employees or to promote them. In larger companies, a manager may only recommends such action to the next level of management. The manager has the authority to change the work assignments of team members.
A manager’s title reflects what he/she is responsible for. An Accounting Manager supervises the Accounting function. An Operations Manager is responsible for the operations of the company. The Manager of Design Engineering supervises engineers and support staff engaged in design of a product or service. A Night Manager is responsible for the activities that take place at night. There are many management functions in business and, therefore, many manager titles. Regardless of title, the manager is responsible for planning, directing, monitoring and controlling the people and their work.
Marketing Manager Interview Questions
1. What value will you bring to our company?
2. Give us an example of a marketing brief you developed for a recent marketing project or program?
3. Tell us about a marketing project in which you had to coordinate and manage a diverse team of people to achieve deliverables?
4. Tell me about a marketing project that you brought in on time and under budget?
5. Describe a situation in which an innovative course of action was necessary?
6. What factors do you consider the most important when attempting to influence consumer behavior?
7. What are the biggest challenges a Marketing Manager faces today?
8. Give an example of how you have effectively managed a tight budget to accomplish a marketing activity?
9. Give an example of how you have effectively used online marketing tools?
10. Can you give me an example of a campaign that did not work out as you had planned?
11. Give an example of one of your strength/weaknesses and what you learn from your experience?
12. From learning a little about our company, what would you immediately recommend to change and why?
13. If you were actually a brand of car what car would you be and why?
14. What has been a particularly demanding goal for you to achieve?
15. Can you think of a situation in which an innovative course of action was needed? What did you do in this situation?
16. In your present position, what standards have you set for doing a good job? How did you determine them?
17. Please think about your most significant accomplishment. Now, could you tell me all about it?
18. Some of the biggest mistakes you made?
19. How you changed and grew as a person?
20. What you would do differently if you could do it again?
21. How you prepared the budget and plan and how you did against it?
22. How you motivated and influenced others, with specific examples to prove your claims?
23. How you dealt with conflict with specific examples?
24. Anything else you felt was important to the success of the project?
25. What recognition you received (everybody gets recognition for a job well done)?
26. What does a person taking this job need to do over the next three to six months in order to be considered successful?
27. What are the two or three things a successful person would need to do to make sure they achieved the major objective?
28. Is there anything else that needs to be changed, fixed, or improved over the next few months?
29. What are the biggest challenges in the job?
You May Also Like Other Interview Questions
Digital Marketing Interview Questions
HR Round Interview Question Answers
MBA HR Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
Leadership Interview Questions
Management Job Interview Questions
HR Interview Questions
Purchasing Interview Questions
Project Interview Questions
CEO Interview Questions
Accounting Interview Questions
Brand Manager Interview Questions
Microsoft Interview Questions about Applications
Training Manager Interview Questions
Telecom Sales Interview Questions and Answers