Every organization has new employees joining the company and few leaving the company. The attrition retention report is designed with a purpose to look into the number of people who have left the company and the reasons behind leaving the company so that right strategy can be worked out in order to reduce the attrition rate based on the yearly reports. This report falls under the responsibility of the HR department and is very important as human resources are the strongest assets of any company.
Search Sample Formats:
Attrition is a very common problem with call centers. At the same time, it is also a health check for the business as it reflects the need to recheck the policies and working pattern to reduce number of people leaving the organization. It is very important to understand the causes of attrition at the call center because otherwise the zeal to achieve the goals and accomplish the tasks will be lost amidst of recruitment and training procedure. The rate of attrition is usually higher at call centers because of worn out energies, high stress levels and lesser recognition.
Let us explore and study the main causes of people leaving the call centers
Issues Related with Recruitment
Sometimes HR managers are under great pressure to recruit more and more personnel to fill the vacant slots and in order to fill these positions; they sometimes end up recruiting candidates who are not ideal for the job. Issues like late night shifts, communication skills, attitude to answer telephone calls with patience and various other problems are sometimes sidelined in order to hire a new team. These new hires that are not fit for the job will soon leave the organization.
Issues Related with Training
Accepting the process of training as a great learning process is not the attitude of every person. If the new hire fails to enjoy the training period, as he may not find it interesting or helpful then he will not be able to learn the fine skills which will help him perform his duties in a better way. This may later lead him to leave his job.
Issues Related with Work Environment
The call centers follow very strict rules and regulations with break times, average call times etc. which not everybody is comfortable with. Those who enjoy flexible and relaxed working atmosphere may not feel comfortable with such strict rules where there is no room to interact with other employees. This may lead to dissatisfaction amongst the workers as they may find it boring and dull to work in such a scenario. It is up to the senior supervisors and HR managers to make sure that the work culture, atmosphere and overall environment at the work place is healthy and happy.
Issues Related with Compensation
Compensation is one of the most important factors which can cause attrition in the company. Employees who feel that they are not been paid well or are not getting desired benefits don’t wish to stay with the company for long. Offering lower salaries can surely help the call centers hire more employees but this will also lead to more and more dissatisfied candidates. It is important for organizations to see that their employees are motivated and satisfied so that they can enjoy a team with great competence and amazing performance. Offering lucrative salaries is of course one of the most effective ways of stopping the employees from leaving the company.
Issues Related with Growth
If the worker feels that there are no more opportunities left for him in the call center then it is obvious that sooner or later he will quit the company as soon as finds a better opportunity. Company must look into the performance of every person so that they can be offered interesting growth opportunities from time to time. This will motivate them to perform better and stay associated with the call center as they know that they have amazing growth prospects with this company.
Issues Related with Health and Wellness
Call centers demand their workforce to work at oddest hours. The concept of night-shifts doesn’t really suit everyone. They miss on their health and their social life by working at night and sleeping during the day. This is one of the important factors which often compel them to leave the company. For this, the management must induce some flexibility in the working timings so that people don’t have to work constantly for night shifts.
These are the various causes of attrition which the call centers must keep in mind so that they can enjoy a happier and healthier pool of workers.
The list of causes of attrition at the call centers which compel the employees to leave the organization. The various issues related with this have been given.
Search Sample Formats:
I have Attached Sample Attrition Calculation sheet
|No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left||No. of Left|
|Month wise Attrition Data- B|
I have attached Questionnaire on attrition in BPO/KPO industry.
PLEASE FILL The FOLLOWING DETAILS:
1. Name of the organization:
2. Strength of the Organization (Less than 50, 50-100, More than 100):
3. Address of the Organization:
4. Name of the Respondent (Optional):
5. Designation of the Respondent (Compulsory):
- 1. This questionnaire is required to be filled only by the employees of the BPO/KPO industry belonging to the level at which there is high Attrition. Please express your opinion without hesitation. Details provided by you will be kept confidential.
- 2. If you are using soft copy of this questionnaire, fill the answers in any color other than black.
- 3. If you are using hard copy, please use any color pen, but not pencil.
- 4. Questionnaire is divided into Part 1 and Part 2
- Part 1 –The objective is to assess the Attrition level in the organization.
- Part 2- The objective is to assess the employee satisfaction level with the organization.
- 5. Q.3 from Part-I is very crucial for the successful accomplishment of the project. Please read and answer it carefully.
- 6. If you want to share any extra information, you can add it at the end.
- 7. Please do not alter any question and options.
1. What is the Attrition Rate in your Company at an entry level?
- Between 20%-30%
- Between 30%-40%
- Between 40%-50%
- Between 50%-60%
- 60% & above
2. What is the Attrition rate in your company at the managerial level?
- Between 20%-30%
- Between 30%-40%
- 40% &above
3. There is a high Attrition rate prevailing in your organization due to the following reasons.
(Tick and rank them. Also roughly specify the percentage mix of each of the causes.)
For e.g. If Stagnation in the career path leads to high rate of Attrition in your company,
Then rank it 1st and percentage say for e.g. 40%.
|1.||Poaching of employees by other Competitive BPO’s (Attraction for the better Salary Packages elsewhere).|
|2.||Stagnation in career path|
|3.||Long Duty Hours|
|5.||Unfavorable HR policies (policies of termination of employees at regular intervals, at the end of the contract period of employment).|
|6.||Monotonous Work which offers no Challenge.|
|7.||Lack of Promotion|
|10.||Physical & Psychological strain|
|11.||No personal life|
|12.||Uneasy relationship with Peers and Managers|
|13.||Career in BPO is not viewed as secured in long term basis.|
|14.||No fixed leave (Employees are not entitled for national holidays as the company works with client calendar).|
|15.||No skill up gradation of the employee.|
|16.||Lack of Training provided to deal with the foreign clients.|
|17.||Lack of rewards and benefits provided for better performance.|
|18||Lack of benefits provided(poor quality of cabs used for drop, poor canteen facilities, unhygienic food)|
If, according to you there are several other reasons which lead to high Attrition in your company, please mention them at the end without fail.
- How many rounds of interview you went through during your selection process?
- Which psychological tests were conducted during your selection process?
- Aptitude Test
- Achievement Test (aims at testing the skills and knowledge acquired from the training programmes and the job experience.)
- Personality test
- Stress test
- If others or additional, please specify.
- How do you find the training provided by your superiors?
- Are you satisfied with the working conditions prevailing in your company?
- What are the techniques of job design adopted for you?
- Job Simplification( One single job is assigned)
- Job Rotation(Movement from one job to another)
- If others, please Specify
- Are you satisfied with the technique of job design adopted for you?
- Are you satisfied with your Current CTC?
- Is Performance Appraisal done half yearly or yearly?
- Does Performance Appraisal always lead to the hike in your salary?
- Are you satisfied with the Performance Appraisal system in your company?
- Are you satisfied with the reward and incentive system in your company?
- Do you get the required motivation from your superiors?
- Are you satisfied with the career planning steps taken by your organization?
- 14. Any other information you would like to share pertaining to the above questions.
Search Sample Formats:
Sharing a model Employee Monthly Attrition Calculation.
Attach herewith Early Warning Attrition Tracker Sheet.
Attrition rate is been calculated on the basis of available Manpower and number of resigned employees in the month…
The formula is…
Attrition Rate = Number of Resigned/Available Manpower*100
For example if in the previous month the manpower was 100. During that month 10 resigned and 20 recruited.. So the available manpower would be 100-10+20 = 110
Attrition rate = 10/110*100