Claim Letter Example – How to Write a Claim Letter?
A claim letter is a complaint letter written by a consumer to a company highlighting the problem with the service or product. It is a persuasive letter which is of different kinds and types. You can find all kinds of sample of claim letters of payment, insurance, damaged goods, bank, refund payment, car accident etc. There are all sorts of claim letter examples and letter of claim format available online.
In this post, we have come up with a claim letter template along with tips to write effective claim letter. Read through this post to create your own letter or simply follow claim letter sample to create a customized letter of claim.
How to Write an Effective Claim Letter
Here are some points that must be kept in mind in order to frame a flawless claim letter:
- Start the letter by making a claim. Be very clear with the kind of claim you are making.
- Share details about the claim by stating facts in relation with the claim.
- Mention the action you would want the reader to take along with the time deadlines.
- State the documents or references you are including with the letter which can be any papers supporting the claim like warranty, receipts etc.
- Include your contact details to help the reader get in touch with you.
- Don’t forget to thank the reason in anticipation.
Claim Letter Sample and Example
St. Mary’s School
Date: November 4th, 2020
A to Z Equipment Ltd.
88, Downtown Street
Dear Mr. John,
I would like to bring to your notice that the installation of water coolers is still pending at St. Mary’s School which was mutually agreed to be completed by November 5th, 2020. Your company has failed to install the water coolers because of which there is lots of inconvenience caused to the students.
We had ordered a total of 10 water coolers with your company with invoice no. 12345 dated October 14th, 2020. Out of 10, only six water coolers have been installed and rest four are still pending for installation. We are very disappointed that you could not deliver the services you had promised.
We hope that now you can either have the job finished by November 13th, 2020 or take back the uninstalled water coolers and process the refund as they were ordered for an event that is scheduled for November 15th, 2020.
Please respond to this letter at the earliest with the action that you are going to be taking in relation with this situation.
St. Mary’s School