Letter for employment is very necessary as it proves the authenticity that the person was employed with a certain company for a defined period of time on a defined position. This provides complete information of the candidate concerning his previous job and his working. It is a professional way of resolving any kinds of queries that the new hiring manager has about that candidate.
If you have kinds of doubts related with how to draft a professional letter for verification of employment then read below to find out the steps that you must follow to write a perfect letter.
Steps to Write a Letter for Verification of Employment
Keep these points in mind while drafting your personalized letter:
- Always start with “To Whom it May Concern”. This is the right way of beginning your letter in a formal manner.
- Keep it short and simple. Do not put any kind of unrelated and unimportant information on it. It has to be crisp.
- Include all important details like the name of the employee, his title, his salary, hours per week or part or full time format of working, date since he has been working with the company. You must not miss on any of these details or else your letter will be incomplete.
- Always end it on a pleasant note welcoming any kinds of queries regarding the candidate. Do not forget to leave your contact details so that the person can get in direct touch with you.
- Keep the tone professional and pleasant.
Sample Format of Letter for Verification of Employment
Here is a simple formal example format of a employee verification letter for your reference. Have a look at it to design your own:
Human Resource Manager,
Hilton Furniture Inc.,
124 Park Street,
Re: Verification of Employment for Susane Smith
To Whom it May Concern,
Please accept this letter as confirmation that Ms. Susane Smith has been employed with Zee Technologies Pvt. Ltd. since 01/03/2010. At present, Ms. Susane Smith:
• Holds the title of Deputy Marketing Manager
• Earns a salary of $60000, payable monthly, with an annual bonus of $ 2500
• Works on a full time basis.
In case you have any further questions or queries or you require any other additional information, please feel free to call me at 92-234-56789.
Other Related Letters
In response to your request for verification of employment for [name of applicant] , our records indicate that (s) he worked for us from [date] to [date]. The position that [name of applicant] held with our firm was [position].
This is all of the information I am able to provide to you inasmuch as it is against our company policy to offer comments in regard to a previous employee’s quality of work during employment with our firm.
Robin William Is Being Considered For Employment and Has Signed The Attached Statement Authorizing Your School To Release The Information Requested Below. The Form and Return It to Us in the Enclosed Envelope.
We Sincerely Appreciate Your Cooperation.
I have applied for a real estate loan to be made by Chambers Savings and Loan Association.
I shall appreciate your completing the Employer’s Verification below for their confidential use and
Forwarding it to: –
Chambers Savings and Loan Association
1304 74th Circle N.E.
St. Petersburg, Florida 33702
Thank you for your consideration and prompt reply, as it will avoid many delays.
Very truly yours,
1. Entered your employ:________________________________
2. Present Position:____________________________________
3. Present Monthly Salary: Gross Monthly Salary:_____
Bonus or Commission:______
4. If Applicant is in Military Service please report income on a monthly basis as follows:
Base Pay_________ Quarters and Subsistence___ Flight or Hazard Allowance____________
5. Probability of Continued Employment__________________
6. Does Employee have Re-employment rights for:
Sick Leave?______ Maternity Leave?_________
7. Other Remarks:_______________________________________
The above is furnished in strictest confident to your request.
Format of Warning Letter issued to an employee failing to submit documents needed for employee verification.
Search Sample Formats:
- sample letter for employe to not submit visa paper
- memo to employees to submit documents
- letter for employee to not submit visa paper
- reminder by hr to employees to submit all the documents
- memo to employee to submit documents
- memo about submitting things on time
- sample letter for a work employee not submitting reports on time
- warning letter of failure to submit reports
- sample memo for staff to comply submit documents in HR
- warning from HR foe documents from employees
Attach herewith Employee background screening form or employee background verification form.