Smokes of cigarettes are something that many organizations do not approve of because many people are allergic to it. That’s the reason many companies issue circular for no smoking and tobacco in office. If there is some employee who smells of cigarettes then the organization can write a warning letter to employee for smoking in office.
Just like any other sample warning letter, we have come up with a warning letter to employee for cigarette smelling that can be used for writing a customized letter draft for warning the employee in a formal manner.
Sample Format of Warning Letter to Employee for Cigarette Smell
Human Resource Manager
Date: October 30, 2021
Mr. James Gibbs
54, Anthony Road
Sub: Warning for smell of cigarette at office
Dear Mr. James,
I am writing this letter to inform you that I have been receiving complaints from various clients about your cigarette smell. As a relationship manager to our esteem clients, we do not expect you to smoke during working hours at office and then attend meetings with our clients.
As per the policy of our company, we do not bear with any kind of unprofessional attitude and we expect our employees to keep themselves clean, presentable and free from any kind of bad smells. This issue has surfaced quite a few times in the past and many verbal warnings have been issued to you in this context but you have paid no attention to them.
Please take this letter as the formal warning from the management. I would like to mention that any employee with smell of cigarette will not be tolerated in the company. You are expected to report to work maintaining the cleanliness you are supposed to maintain. If you cannot give up on smoking then look for other alternatives to keep the smell away. Make sure that such kind of complaints do not surface again as you are dealing with high profile clients.
I am hopeful that you will take this warning letter seriously and will avoiding smoking at the workplace. If you don’t take this complaint seriously and continue smelling of smoke then the management will be compelled to take strict actions against you.
Human Resource Manager
More Other Warning Letter Format, Sample and Examples
Employee Performance Issue Letter Example
Warning Letter for Usage of Mobile Phone on Workplace
Sample of Circular for No Smoking in Office
Employee Warning Letter for Negligence of Duty
First Warning Letter to Employee
Warning Letters for not attending Office regularly
Warning Letter to Employee for Salary Deduction
Warning Letter to Employee for Poor Performance
Warning Letter For Alcohol Consumption During Working Hours
Warning Mail on Resignation Without Notice Period Completion
Warning Letter to Employee Taking Leave Without Handing Over Work
Warning Letter to Employees Refusing to Work
Writing a Warning Letter to Employee for Poor Attendance
Warning Letter or Memo To Employee
Poor Performance Warning Letter Format
1. General smoking policy
The company aims to create a healthy, comfortable, and productive work environment. Therefore, the company is very careful to protect employees from second hand smoke. This said, the company prohibits smoking in the workplace. It is the responsibility of all employees to abide by this policy. Be careful to note the smoking policy of the specific work location.
2. Objective of this policy
The Smoking Policy enables the company to:
• Safeguard the safety and health of staff, students, contractors and visitors.
• Reduce litter and maintain an attractive environment for all staff, contractors and visitors to enjoy and be proud of.
• Abide by legislative requirements such as the WA Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, and Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996.
• Reduce the risk of fire.
3. How to smoke at company?
If you wish to smoke, you may only do so in the following locations: [LOCATIONS]
• Your personal office, which has walls from floor to ceiling and a door, enclosed from all its surroundings that is only occupied by you.
• A designated smoking area.
If you choose to smoke in your office, you must close the door while smoking. In addition, you must be utilizing a filtering device or “smoke eater” that will prevent the smoke from bothering others when the door is opened.
4. Smoking is prohibited in:
• All company controlled buildings.
• Major thoroughfares and pathways.
• Within five metres of access points to buildings such as doors, windows, near air-conditioning vents and ducts and ‘no smoking’ signs.
• Substantially enclosed courtyards.
• All company vehicles and boats.
• Other areas designated as no smoking areas by signage
5. Breaches of the smoking policy
• All staff, contractors and visitors shall have the right to report breaches through the company reporting system.
• Managers and supervisors at all levels are encouraged to advise offenders of the Smoking Policy and request that they only smoke in areas where smoking is not prohibited.
• Managers and supervisors may also, at their discretion, inform offenders of assistance to quit smoking programs.
• Managers and supervisors at all levels shall report repeated breaches of the policy to their Deans (or equivalent) who shall manage such breaches in accordance with the relevant disciplinary procedures.