If the next holiday you plan to take is in any of the 26 Schengen nations then you need to apply for Schengen visa which gives you the access to go any of these nations for the purpose of tourism, business, education etc. For the visa application, you need lots of documents and if you have invitation letter for tourist visa then chances of getting a visa are brighter. This is because an invitation letter for Schengen visa clearly states the purpose of your visit.
This post is everything you need to know about Schengen visa. Read on to find out types of invitation letter for Schengen visa, invitation letter for visa format.
What is an Invitation Letter for a Schengen Visa?
Invitation letter for Schengen Visa is a document which is written by the citizen of Schengen nation inviting the applicant who has applied for Schengen visa. This invitation letter for Schengen visa application is written with an intention to clarify the purpose of visit and also guarantee that the applicant will not stay by illegal means in the host country. This invitation letter for Schengen visa is supposed to be attached with the visa application and other documents which are required to be submitted with the embassy of Schengen nation.
Types of Invitation Letters for Schengen Visa
There are different types of invitation letter for Schengen visa which have been discussed below:
- Invitation Letter from Friends and Family for Visit visa
If the citizen of Schengen nation has his or her family or friends visiting him then he can pen down an invitation letter stating the relationship with the applicant, duration and purpose of visit.
- Business Invitation Letter for Schengen Visa
This kind of invitation letter is written by the company or the partner company of the host country stating the relationship with the application along with details on purpose and duration of stay.
- Sponsor Letter for Schengen Visa
When all the expenses of the applicant are sponsored by a company or a person in the host country then sponsor letter for visa is needed. This is written by the company or person inviting the applicant for a trade show or lecture or conference.
- Schengen Visa Letter for Medical Treatment
If an applicant is travelling to Schengen then an invitation letter for Schengen visa from the hospital, clinic or doctor is required stating the details on the medical treatment that will be provided to the applicant.
- Letter from a University or College
In case a student is going to study at any of the colleges, universities or education institutions at Schengen then an invitation letter from that particular institution is required stating the course and duration of course for which the applicant is going.
How to Write an Invitation Letter for Schengen Visa
If you are thinking how to start writing an invitation letter for Schengen visa then here are the steps you need to keep in mind:
Include all the essential information
Subjective to the nature of visit, the information included in the invitation letter for Schengen visa application will vary. Here are some of the details that are required to be included:
- Information about the inviting person (name, address, phone number, email, status in Schengen country)
- Information about applicant (name and passport number)
- Purpose and duration of travel
- Dates of travel
- Relationship with the inviting person
- Travel itinerary
- Required enclosures
Tone of the letter
- The tone of the letter has to be formal.
- Avoid using any local expressions, slangs etc.
- Check for grammatical and spelling errors.
Length of the letter
- The letter has to be precise.
- Do not include any unnecessary details.
Format for Invitation Letter for Schengen Visa
Here is the invitation letter for visa format designed especially for Schengen visa to help you with:
The Immigration Office,
Name of Embassy/ Consulate
Address of Embassy/ Consulate
Phone Number of Embassy/ Consulate
Re: Invitation Letter for Radhika Sharma with Passport No.KM789456.
Respected Sir/ Madam,
I, Suzzie Smith, residing at Calle de Simón Hernández, 62, 2°, 4B, Madrid, Spain, am a permanent citizen of Spain. I am writing this letter to invite my friend Ms. Radhika Sharma to Spain.
The purpose of visit of my friend Ms. Radhika is to explore Spain and spend sometime with me. Radhika and me are friends for over a decade. We met during an exchange program in college and since then we have been in regular touch.
Ms. Radhika plans to visit Spain for about three weeks. During this time, she plans to visit Tenerife, Barcelona, Seville, Granada, Madrid and Valencia. The complete itinerary of the trip has been enclosed with the letter along with flight tickets for roundtrip from India.
I request you to please approve Ms. Radhika’s visa application. All the required documents have also been attached with the letter. For any further information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Calle de Simón Hernández, 62, 2°, 4B, Madrid, Spain
Phone Number: 9898989898
- Copy of Suzzie Smith’s passport
- Copy of Suzzie Smith’s residence ID
- Proof of relationship
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of return to home country
- Copy of flight tickets
- Travel itinerary
Other applicable documents
Other Related Invitation Letter
Invitation Letter for Tourist Visa for Brother
Invitation Letter for Tourist Visa for Sister
Invitation letter for Visitor Visa for Parents
Letter from Employer for Visa Purpose
Annual Dinner Invitation Email to Staff
Employee Get Together Invitation Letter
Search Sample Formats:
- schengen visa invitation letter format
- email for requesting invitation letter for visa application
- letter of invitation for Schengen visa from india
- job complet gate pass cancil cisf gate clearence latter
- invitation letter for transit visa
- invitation letter for schengen visitor visa
- invitation letter for schengen business visa
- HR letter to schengen visa
- what to put as name and address of visiting company on schengen tourist visa
- HOW TO WRITE INVITATION LETTER FOR SCHENGEN VISA