1. The fixed holidays are:
• New Year’s Day
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day*
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Day after Thanksgiving
2. Principles of holidays policy
• Employee get full salary at holidays.
• An employee must work the day before the holiday and the day following the holiday to be eligible for holiday pay.
• Biweekly employees who are required to work on a holiday that falls on their regularly scheduled day off will be paid at twice their regular rate and also receive another day off with pay either thirty days before or thirty days after the holiday. Unused holiday pay is paid out at the time of termination.
• When a holiday falls on the employee’s day off, the employee is to be given another day off with pay either thirty days before or after the holiday. Unused holiday pay is paid out at the time of termination.
• When the regular holiday falls on Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be considered the Company holiday. When the regular holiday falls on Sunday, the following Monday shall be the Company holiday.
• Employees are not allowed holiday pay while in an out-of-pay status such as leave of absence or layoff or while receiving short-term disability payments.
• If a Company holiday occurs on an eligible employee’s vacation day, it may either be counted as a holiday instead of a vacation day or added to the vacation period as an extra day of vacation.
• Biweekly employees who are eligible for paid holidays but who may be required to work on a Company holiday, will be paid at one and one half times their regular rate. Monthly employees who are required to work a holiday are paid their regular salary and are entitled to another day off.
Click Here To Download Holiday Policy