Situational Interview Questions
1. What is Situational interview?
Situational interview in the interview in which, the candidates are asked for their opinions on certain situations that may arise in relation to the job. The candidates are supposed to give their opinions and provide solutions to such hypothetical situations.
The purpose of a situational interview is to evaluate the candidate’s problem solving skill in the workplace environment. A typical tip to address such situations is to tell a story of your previous experience in which, you have dealt with a similar problem.
2. Steps to answer situational questions
• Describe the objectives of the situation and method to resolve it;
• List down steps to resolve the situation;
• Recommend measures to prevent and correct the situations.
3. Some examples of situational interview
• Your colleague was repeatedly making mistakes that affect on the customer service and your ability to do your work. You talked to this colleague about the problem but he kept making mistakes again. What would you do next?
• You figured out that an employee was stealing from the company. What would you do?
• Have you ever worked with a client who seemed dislike you? How did you do under such a situation?
• Have you ever been in a situation in which the customers have difficulties describing their needs? How did you do under such a situation?
• Describe a difficult decision you had to make with assistance with your managers?