Here are the various company recognitions policies of Indian companies.
EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PROGRAMS IN PRACTICE
- Wipro has a unique package called Encore, which is essentially a basket of non-monetary rewards given to motivate employees and recognize excellent work performance. For example, award Feather-in-My-Cap, is an on-the-spot recognition of an effort awarded to a project or project team; Dear Boss recognizes the positives of a good boss, including technical, managerial, and leadership skills. Awards like Mastermind, which notes the most innovation solution or idea in Wipro and The Wipro Hall of Fame recognizes superlative performers in different roles as well as superlative team performances.
- In NIIT, there is a practice of naming a conference room or office or training room after the name of the most outstanding employee of the year. The naming is done ceremoniously, the employee family is invited, a cake is ordered; and all the employees assemble for the felicitation.
- At Federal Express, rated one of the best work workplaces, employee can get one of FedEx 500 aero-planes named after his / her child. RPG managers give certificates to employees to facilitate small achievements and the good work done by them.
- Two of the most popular methods of recognizing employees are by giving gift certificates and cash rewards. The most common reasons for giving an award are length of service and exceptional performance.
- In 1998, Price-water House had a Thank You Store for employees to select gifts and thank you cards for supervisors, managers, and office assistants.
- Johnson & Johnson has peer-to-peer recognition programs, where employees submit nominations on behalf of other employees, teams or oneself. All nominations are reviewed for a Merit Award and all Merit Awards are reviewed for the Chairman Award.
- The Eureka Award at HCL Comnet is for the entrepreneurs who come up with the best business idea. The Value Creator Award is the most coveted and sought after among the awards given in appreciation of extraordinary individual initiative and innovation.
- Gotcha recognizes top performers and ranks them on merit. Special vacation packages are given to employees who excel in their targets.
- Eicher uses a mix of monetary and non-monetary rewards. The financial package helps in sustenance and basic needs fulfillment. The non-financial part helps in recognition and fulfillment of higher order needs. In the non-financial part, Eicher offers perks like study leave, trips, special training, challenging project opportunities, and flexible timings based on individual need.
- In India many companies like Larsen & Toubro, HLL, P&G, Century Enka and others encourage suggestion from employees on cost savings, energy conservation or quality improvement or increase in sales. The suggestions are periodically reviewed and few employees may get one time cash rewards based on he quantum of savings their suggestions can generate. This cash rewards system on suggestions is mostly up to junior management level.
- Some companies allow executives to make their own mix of salary packages.
- In the year 2000, HICOM introduced three awards for employees who were nominated as ˜best leader, ˜best motivator, and best employee. In the same year, the company also introduced the new idea of appreciating subordinates through flower-shaped cards. In addition, the HR department put a big wallboard titled ˜initiatives.com, which was filled with information on the initiatives taken by the employees in the workplace and the appreciation of their initiatives. The management as a policy honors an employee who completes five years of services in HICOM with a gold plated appreciation plaque.
- The Taj group has patented a unique employee identification tracking and reward programme branded the Star – Special Thanks and Recognition System. It’s an HR initiative aimed at creating an association ‘between our star performers and the Taj. These stars are not the statesmen or tinsel town glitterati who grace the environs of the Group’s hotels, but to the organization they are just as important.
- The Star campaign offers no cash awards. Recognition comes in the form of levels. Points can be picked up by employees for integrity, respect and regard for others, teamwork, environmental awareness, reliability, outstanding work, courage of conviction and initiative. Practical and useful suggestions that are beneficial to the company can also earn an employee points. Many employees do that extra bit, go out of the way to dazzle the customer satisfaction with employee recognition. It is based on the premise that happy employees lead to happy customers.” However, while employees can earn merit points for acts of excellence or valuable suggestions, one can also earn 20 “default merit” points if the review committee (comprising the GM, training manager and all heads) fails to revert within 48 hours on a suggestion made.
- Star has five recognition levels. Level 1 or the Silver grade requires an employee to earn 120 points in three months, level 2 or the Gold grade can be reached with 130 points within three months of reaching the Silver level. Level three or the Platinum grade requires an employee to accumulate 250 points within six months of reaching the Gold level. The highest grade at the corporate level is the MD’s Club (at 760 points), below which at 510 points and above, an employee can be part of the Chief Operating Officer’s club. “After the campaign was launched, a large number of employees have started working together in the true spirit of teams
Search Sample Formats:
- best company recognition programs in india
- best employee citation
- best reward and recognition in india
- citation for best employee
- citation for best employee examples
- citation for employee recognition
- citation for employees
- rewarand recognition policy template indian industries
- rewards and recognition policy in indian it giants