Whenever a new person gets recruited in the organization, the HR manager has to get all his details verified to make sure that all the information provided by the candidate is complete and authentic in every sense. For this you need to have an Employment Verification Form in which all the details can be filled with convenience.
Here is a sample format which has been designed to help you use it as per your need.
Format of Employment Verification Form
Date: 4th July, 2015
Please find attached below all the details that have been provided by Mr. John Smith. We request you to please authenticate them.
Details Submitted by Candidate
Details In Your Records
|Period of Employment|
|Reason for Leaving|
|Eligible for rehire? (If No Kindly Specify the reason)|
|Status of Exit Formalities
(Complete/Pending – details if pending)
|Are the Attached Documents Genuine? – Yes/No
(If No, kindly Specify the reason – for e.g. is the document forged or fake or manipulated or any other reason)
|Name and Designation of the Verifying Authority|
Kindly note that all the inputs provided by you are going to play an important role in the process. We will be waiting for your response. Please complete it and send it at the earliest.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Thanking in anticipation.
ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Search Sample Formats:
Pre Employment Verification Process in India
Indian organizations are also starting to take job verification quite seriously. Various people search services have come up in the country that enables companies to save time and effort. These services are known to have democratized the background verification process only for easier reach of individuals. Employee verification promotes transparency in society with the aim of finding crystal clear information about an individual hired by a company.
Employee background verification process is conducted in various stages. Here is a small gist:
- Address, ID checks
- Educational verifications
- Work experience verifications
- Reference verifications
- Criminal background check
Different Employee verification procedure
Employee verification procedure goes through various processes. A few of them are mentioned below:
1. Verification of professional/experience details like past all working details industry/wise.
2. Professional/experience details such as previous working details, the company, job responsibilities etc.
3. Cross checking of the new employee’s joining form and resume if they match each other. Verification of original the documentary proofs forwarded by the employee.
4. At least two references to be mentioned in the joining form/resume. The references can be old working colleague, any family member who can be reverted for authenticity.
5. For employees recruited for datacenter services, background check is conducted because he/she will be exposed to public sensitive information during his/her tenure.
6. For employees recruited for back-office work, not much verification will be required.
7. For employers who focus on education background, they normally contact the university office for verification of the details mentioned by the employee.
Different offices have different work environment and work culture. And therefore, the recruitment processes also differ from one another. Employees who are looking for serious jobs most certainly do not lie with their documents. However, exceptions are many. Employee verification process saves your day.