Marketing Managers: Education, Salary and Expected Growth
Marketing managers are the most creative minds who know how to make the best use of their limited resources and their innovative ideas to come with the finest advertisement and marketing campaigns that can take the sales of a company to a completely new level. All those people who work for this profile usually enjoy wonderful salaries which come with greater job security because it is quite an important position in an organization as this is one person who has to make the optimum utilization of available resources in order to come up with the most effective and versatile plans that are helpful in increasing sales.
This article brings to you complete information on the educational qualification requirements, expected salary and future prospects in context with this job. So in case you are planning to apply for such a job then make sure that you have complete detail before sending your application.
Marketing Manager: Roles and Responsibilities
Before going further, let us know what all roles and responsibilities this profile brings along.
- He is the one who is responsible for analyzing the complete demand for products and services that are offered by the company.
- He also researches on identifying the best markets where these offerings can be sold effectively.
- He is also responsible for coming up with ideas for creating products that can meet the unattended demands of the customers. He needs to take into account every small detail concerned with demographics and geographical locations.
- He needs to design the complete marketing campaign in order to launch and promote the company and its products.
- He needs to perform tasks that are assigned to him by the company for which he works.
Marketing Manager: Educational Qualifications
If you desire to grab the job of Marketing Manager in some good company then you need to make sure that you have the right education which can help you get the job with ease. Here are some educational needs that you need to fulfill:
- You need to have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- You can also be educated in some of the fields which include economics, business law, mathematics etc. This kind of combination in education will give you better standing in front of your competitors as you will be able to deal with various other everyday problems like dealing with numbers or understanding tactics to have better SEO for your website and various other things.
- You can have a Master’s degree in some business related course.
- Having internship or projects in marketing can also help you have better opportunities for getting selected.
Marketing Manager: Salary
As per Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, the average annual salary for the position of was around $119,480 in May 2012. This is quite high than the pay which is earned by advertising and promotions managers.
- The lowest pay for this profile is around $62,650 per year which is earned by 10% of the people working at this position.
- The highest pay is around $187,200 annually for the candidates working at this post which are around 10% of the total numbers.
The reasons for this kind of fluctuation in the salaries are the state in which a person is working and the company with which the person is employed. It also includes the work experience and educational qualifications of a person as they help in having better pays.
Expected Growth in Future
It is expected that by 2022, the employment of marketing managers is going to grow about 13%. This is according to the BLS report. As mentioned above, this job ranks above other jobs in terms of security as this is one position which has significant role to play in order to generate revenue for the company. For years to come, companies are going to need experienced and creative managers who can come up with amazing ideas to promote their offerings and help them generate more and more money with these innovative ideas and wonderful understanding of markets and trends.
For sure, all this information is going to be extremely helpful in finding the right kind of job for yourself. Being a marketing manager is fun and with these details you can have more knowledge about this profile.
Categories: Salary Management Tags: Education, Marketing Manager, Salary