Management training methods
1. Job rotation:
Job rotation is an approach to management training by assigning trainees from one department to another to increase their working experiences and to find out about their weak and strong points.
2. On – the – job coaching:
Trainee will work with the person who he (or she) will replace. This person will have a duty to tutor the trainee how to solve every problem under responsibility. This will help the managers with some of their responsibilities.
3. Young manager training:
Young manager training is the management method in which medium – level management trainees will be instructed about experiences in analyzing the problems of the company by doing the job as a young manager and setting goals and policies for the company.
4. Learning by action:
In this management method, trainees will be allowed to spend all the time analyzing and solving the problems in other departments or other companies.
5. Case study:
Case study is the training method in which trainees will discuss about organizational problem reports and each one will have to study the case by himself, have prediction about the matter and express his own solution to the problem in the group discussion with other trainees.
6. Management games:
In management games using computer, members will be distributed into several companies, each one with 4 or 6 trainees. These groups will have to compete with each other in simulated markets like in reality. Each company will have to define its main goal and be able to select a number of different decisions.
7. Outside seminar:
Seminars are organized in order to improving skills such as employee evaluating, leadership, communicating, goal setting, employee motivating and decision making skills.
8. University cooperation program:
System of universities implements 3 main approaches to improve management ability:
• Continued training programs in leadership and supervising skills…. lasting from several days to several months.
• Private training programs in business management, which every manger needs to apply for to improve, complete and enrich their basic management knowledge.
• Certificate training programs: issued certificates are often only for short – term use.
9. Role playing method:
This method is often used to improve leadership ability, interviewing or sale skill and others. They create different practical situations and ask the trainees to play the role of a manager in the situation.
10. Training method by template pattern.
This is a new training method including the following steps:
• Introduce to the trainees the template pattern or the best ways to do a job.
• Let trainees practise the pattern as being instructed.
• Give trainees comments, appraise and evaluation about the work they have done.