Letter of Appointment for Temporary Employee/ or Consultant
Temporary employees, as the term suggest, is hired for a certain time period by a company to meet the demands of a growing business. As in the field of consultancy, temporary consultants or freelancers are hired by a firm for the completion of a particular project. However, in many cases, if the temporary employee impresses with their skills, he/she is permanently hired by the company.
Below is a sample example of a Letter of Appointment offered to a temporary employee/ or consultant.
Sample Letter of Appointment for Consultant
(Address of the Company)
Subject: Letter of appointment for consultant
We are pleased to appoint you as ____________ Consultant at (Organization Name) on the basis of your application and subsequent interview with us. Please read the following terms and conditions before signing the letter.
- You will be appointed for thirty six months, with effect from 1st April 2014. However, the company will have every right to terminate you without assigning without any reason by providing a two month’s notice. It can also be extended further by either side by forwarding a similar notice.
- Your payment will be flexible. It will depend on the project cost at hand.
- You are presently posted at _________________. But if the company feels your need at other branches establishment in India or outside, you shall be liable to be posted / transferred anywhere to serve its need at the sole discretion of the Management.
- This appointment is offered only upon having convinced that you are physically and mentally fit by the authorized Medical Practitioner of the company.
- You shall at no cost publish any article or statement, deliver any lecture or make any communication to the press that concerns the company without prior permission in written.
- You shall require respecting the privacy of project documents, commercial offer, design documents, project cost & estimation, technology, software packages license, company’s polices and human assets profile of the company.
- You shall require abiding by company’s rules and regulations which are subjected to amendment from time to time.
- You shall not disclose, divulge or make public any of the company’s technical or other important information even after terminating from the company.
- In case you are found guilty of fraud, dishonest, disobedience, disorderly behavior, negligence, indiscipline, absence from duty without prior permission of the company, your services may be terminated without notice and its decision will be deemed final.
- You shall at no cost accept any present, commission or gratification in cash or kind from any person, party or firm dealing with the company.
If you accept the above mentioned terms and conditions, please sign and return to the undersigned the duplicate copy of this letter as a sign of acceptance.
Once again, we welcome you to (Organization name). We look forward to a productive collaboration with you.
For Company (Organization name)
I agree to accept the consultancy and shall abide by the terms and conditions mentioned above. I also possess the original of this letter.
Place _______________ Name _____________
Date _______________ Sign ____________
Appointment Letter for Commission Based Agent
Many companies appoint their commission based agents who act as the link between the vendors and the buyers.