It is very important to understand a profile before applying for it. If you are planning to apply for the post of Human Resource Assistant job in India then you must know the HR assistant job duties and responsibilities. HR assistant is a professional who manages the everyday Human Resources duties and responsibilities and is the nexus between the company, its employees and vendors.
In this post we have included all the roles and responsibilities included in HR administrative assistance job description. Find out not only all the duties and responsibilities of HR assistant in India but also the qualifications and skills one must possess.
What does a HR Assistant do?
In simple words, if you wish to understand that what does an HR assistant do then they offer an extensive range of supportive management in HR department and are involved in various day-to-day activities, some of which are listed below:
- They are the connection between the Human Resources and the employees of the company.
- They ensure smooth and clean communication between employees and HR.
- They coordinate meetings and take follow-ups.
- They are involved in creation of policies.
- They manage employee database.
Human Resources Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
As mentioned above, there are lots of activities included in Human Resources assistant job description resume. We have complied some of these important HR duties and responsibilities in India:
- Keep the employee database up to date.
- Regularly update and process reports in relation with different personnel activities.
- Manage and fulfil requests of the employees in relation with HR issues or regulations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the HR projects and prepare reports on the same.
- Manage and address grievances properly.
- Work out the company’s employee needs and manage recruitment and selection process.
- Organize orientation for new employees
- Assist in process of payroll preparation of employees.
- Ensure effective communication between employer and employee.
- Manage, plan and organize day to day working of the HR Department.
How Can One Become an HR Assistant
If you wish to become an HR Assistant in India, there here are the points to be kept in mind:
- Must have a degree in Management course.
- Possessing good theoretical knowledge on human resource is a big advantage.
- Regular learning and updating about HR processes and developments like changes in labour laws etc.
HR Assistant Skills
We have shared some of the must have skills for Human Resources assistants to be successful in their field:
- Effective skills to communicate across different levels in the organization.
- They have to be a people person which requires inter-personal skills.
- Skills to train the new employees of the company.
- Skills to understand and recruit right talent for the employer.
- Technical skills are also very important to deal with changing technologies at work.
- Skills to plan, manage and organize.
Human Resources (HR) Assistant Qualifications
If you want to be come an HR assistant then you must also know the required qualification for HR assistant:
- Degree in Human Resource Management is a must.
- BBM or MBA are essential for HR Assistant profile.
- For higher position in HR Department, PGDM or MBA in HR play significant role.
Salary for HR Assistant in India
The basic start salary for the profile of HR Assistants in India starts from 10,000 to 12,000 and goes up to 25,000 for a month. The bigger the company, the higher will be the salary. What is important is to start a job to have more experience and then you can comfortably rise to higher profiles in HR Department or otherwise.
You May Also Like
Sharing job description template on talent requisition form.