Internet has become an inseparable part of our lives and it would not be wrong to say that for many of us, it has become an addiction. Therefore, in order to have a disciplined Internet use in the workplace, one has to write a Memo to Implement Company Rules for Internet Usage. The purpose of Employee Internet Usage Policy Memorandum is to define the rules and regulations clearly for using the internet.
In this post, we have come up with the Internet usage policy example as well as the important tips for writing memo.
Easy Tips for Writing Memo to Implement Company Rules for Using Internet
Let us glance through the important points that one must keep in mind while drafting the memo for implementing the company rules for internet usage:
- Make sure that the rules are explained in a clear and precise manner.
- Do include the consequences of not following the rules to avoid any confusion.
- You can also mention the exact incident which has happened in the past.
- You must summarize the policy in short and precise manner by including all the essential points.
- You can also enclose a copy of it which can include further details about the same.
- Always end the letter with a note of appreciation.
- Do highlight the importance of the rules.
- Don’t forget to mention that you would be happy if the rules are going to be followed.
Memo to Implement Company Rules for Internet Usage
Date: August 20, 2023
From the past couple of months, I have witnessed a serious increment in the number of reports that have been submitted about the employees who have been found to abuse the internet access at the office and have been comfortably ignoring the company’s policy on the internet usage.
You are requested to consider this memorandum as the reminder that the employees should only be using the internet during the working hours for tasks that are related with their respective jobs. You must refrain from checking the photograph archives, checking the social networking websites and other related things which are out of context of your job or work.
I am hopeful that everyone is going to adhere to this rule about using internet at the office and there will not be any need to take any disciplinary actions. But in case if someone is still found to not comply with these rules then a serious action is going to be taken against him or her.