1. What is training effectiveness?
Training effectiveness is to identify results of training process in organization.
2. Purpose of training effectiveness?
• Identify effectiveness of training programs implemented.
• Adjust training plans in next time.
3. How to measure effectiveness of training?
Level 1: Reaction
Measures satisfaction of participant with the program. Some factors can measure:
• Course content.
• Facilities and food etc
Methods can be completed participant feedback questionnaire, informal comments from participants, focus group sessions with participants…
Level 2: Learning
We measure changes in knowledge, skills, and attitudes after and before training.
Methods can be pre-test and post-test scores, on-the-job assessments, supervisor reports…
Level 3: Application and implementation
We measures changes behavior of trainer in on-the-job about application and implementation (measure the application of the learning in the work context).
Methods can be self-assessment questionnaire, on-the-job observation, reports from customers, peers and participant’s manager…
Level 4: Final results
This stage measure effectiveness of the program in terms of business objectives. We look at aspects such as increasing in productivity, decrease in defects, cycle time reduction, etc.
Methods can be financial reports, quality inspections…
Level 5: Return on Investment
It measure ROI of training.
4. Evaluation models of training effectiveness
• Warr’s ciro framework.
• Cipp model.
• Daniel stufflebaum model.
• Return on investment (ROI).