Performance ranking method in performance appraisal
1. Definition of performance ranking method
Ranking is a performance appraisal method that is used to evaluate employee performance from best to worst.
Manager will compare an employee to another employee, rather than comparing each one to a standard measurement.
2. Rating scale of ranking
• Much better – 5 points
• Slightly better – 4 points
• Equal – 3 points
• Slightly worst – 2 points
• Much worst – 1 point
3. Process of ranking
• The scaled comparison asks a rater or evaluator to compare the performance of two individuals.
• Continue comparison to other two employees.
• Total points to each employee.
• Give point to employee, for example: A is Slightly better – 4 points so that B is Slightly worst – 2 points.