Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, we fail to reach for interview on time. If you have also missed on your interview because of some situational factors, it is important that you write a formal email to apologize the interviewer for not reporting on time and also stating the reason because of which you could not be present for the interview.
Given below is a sample apology email addressing the employer for missing on interview. Use this example email to create your personalized draft in a formal manner. Such emails are short and to the point.
Sample Apology Email to an Employer for Missing an Interview
Dear Mr. James,
I would like to apologize for not making it for the interview on Thursday, March 24th at 11 a.m. On my way to your office, an accident had taken place because of which there was a traffic jam which lasted for almost an hour, but this is no excuse as I should have left my home earlier to make sure that I reach your office on time. I also tried reaching your office through phone but due to some network problems, I could not make a call.
I completely understand that every company desires responsible and punctual employees which are a reflection of professionalism. I know I have disappointed you with my lack of professionalism on Thursday but I request a last chance to interview with your for the profile of Marketing Manager at ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd. I strongly believe that I am the right choice for this profile because of my rich experience in the field of marketing and my capability to meet the targets with greatest effectiveness.
I will ensure that this time I reach for the interview on time without any fail. I will make sure that I don’t give you any chance to get disappointed. I will take all steps to leave no room for any delays.
I will call you later this week to know if we can have an interview scheduled again. I would like to apologize again for my actions.
Looking forward to meet you and demonstrate you why I am the right choice for this profile.
Search Sample Formats:
How to Write a Rejection Letter (with Sample Letter).
Regret letters are normally sent by companies after the completion of an interview process. Such letters are normally sent out to those applicants whose applications were reviewed but were not qualified for the final interview. It is written with a clear purpose to convey the sorry sense by the recruiting managers.
Here is an example of how to write such letters in a professional tone with the right emotion:
Dear (Candidate Name),
We thank you for forwarding us your application to seek interview for the position of (job position) at (Organization Name). Our Recruiting Body is done with the initial screening process and has come up with the final list of those who have been selected for the next round. We regret to announce that you have not qualified for our final search. However, we thank you for applying and believe that you will apply for future employment opportunities at (Organization Name).
We thank you for showing your interest in (Organization Name) and wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.
Recruiting Body Chairman
Search Sample Formats:
- A. Family Profile
- 1. Name of Father: ______________________
- 2. Father’s Occupation: ___________________
- 3. Name of Mother: ______________________
- 4. Mother’s Occupation: __________________
- 5. Siblings:
Brothers: ……….. Marital Status: …………………….. Work Status: ………………..
Sisters: ..……….. Marital Status: ……………………… Work Status: ………………..
- B. Personal Profile:
- 1. Marital Status: A. Married _________ B. Single ________ C. Divorcee_________
- 2. Spouse – Working/Self employed/Housewife: ___________________________
- 3. Spouse Employment Location: A. Mumbai ______ B. Out of Mumbai _______
- 4. No of Kids: _________
- 5. Kids Education Status: ______________________________________________
- C. Personal Identifications
- 1. Driving License No: __________ Contact Details: _____________
- 2. Passport No: _______________ Expiry Date: ________________
- 3. PAN No: __________________
- 4. Residential Address: ______________________________________________
- 1. Age: ______ Weight: ________ Height: __________Blood Group: ______
- 2. Details of the chronic disease: _______________________________________
- 3. Details of disease which can affect the work setting: _____________________
- 4. Any other material information to be disclosed: ________________________
- E. Current Organisation Profile
- 1. Name: ____________________
- 2. Managing Person: ___________
- 3. Reporting Person: ___________
- 4. Draw the organizational hierarchy in which you are working:
- 5. Staff Strength: ______
- 6. Reasons to leave the organisation:
- A. Financial Expectations
- B. Technology specific knowledge enhancement
- C. Work related issues
- D. Behavior with peers and superiors
- E. First Job
Explain and specify the reasons any of the above (A-E) or any other reason(s)
- 7. Reasons for the break in service (during the career and between the jobs)
- 8. Reasons to relocate Mumbai:_____________________________________________
- 9. Expectations with the future employer: ___________________________________
10. Earliest Joining Period: __________
11. Reasons for the earliest joining: ____________________
12. Details of the relieving formalities with the previous employer; in case the opportunity offered in Redtray:
- A. Task to handover _________________________________________________
- B. Others _________________________________________________________
- F. Financial Details:
- 1. Present Salary Package:
(This will be verified with the documents at the time of technical interview at Mumbai)
- 2. Benefits/Facilities provided by the current employer:
General Terms and Conditions for the employment
1. Agreement: 2 Year
Amount: Rs 50000.00 secured by 5 undated cheques of Rs 10000.00 each in favour of <Name of the Company>. In the event of breach of Agreement, employee will have to pay Rs 50000.00 to the company or otherwise the cheques will be presented in the bank.
2. Next Appraisal: <Date>
- G. Employment and Qualification details
COMPANY relies upon the accuracy of the information contained in this application, as well as accuracy of the other data presented through the hiring process and employment. Any misinterpretations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in the exclusion of the individual from further considerations for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.
- H. Reference Details
- Direct :
- News Paper Information (Name of the News Paper): _____________________________
- Referred by others (Provide Details): _________________________________________
- Directly and personally approached:__________________________________________
- Employee Referrals of <Name of Company>: ______________________________________
(Name of the employee)
- Consultant (Name of the Consultant):___________________________________________
Please fill the relevant information
Search Sample Formats:
Please find the following questions, may helpful to judge the candidates before taking an interview.
What inspires you?
What are your aspirations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What are your favorite past time?
Strength & weakness?
Do you have any offers in your hand at present?
What did you know about us?
Why should we hire you?
If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work?
Tell me something about our company.
Search Sample Formats:
I have attached Interview Preparation With Answers for IT Recruiters.
US IT RECRUITER
- As a recruiter I work on IT requirements. I have 4 years of Recruitment experience as an IT Recruiter with staffing company.
- My prime responsibilities include sourcing, interviewing and hiring of IT professionals for multiple projects and assignments in the IT services industry. screen candidates according to the requirement.
- I Identify interview and submit candidates in a timely and efficient manner.
- I am Responsible for the full life cycle recruiting for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placements with special emphasis on the information technology, telecom and engineering sector, Public Sector Federal, State & Local Government, Higher Education,Banking,Financial Services and Insurance, Healthcare & Entertainment Verticals.
- Worked on Recruiting H1B Consultants, Green card Holders & US Citizens for Direct Client Requirements & Vendor Requirements.
- regular follow up with the client on day to day basis to receive new Job Orders and Feedbacks.
- Responsible for completing paperwork, background checks and reference checks for H1b applicants.
- Co-ordinate with the administration in arranging avenues for the interviews on cost effective base.
- Scheduled travel and lodging for incoming out of town candidates.
- Hands on experience with job sites such as Monster, Dice, Big Niller, Craig lists, Net temps, Career builder, Computer jobs, Yahoo Hot jobs, Dev Bistro,linkedin
- Experience in Tax Terms – 1099/w2/ C2C
- Experience in Visas – OPT, H1B, EAD, GC & USC
- Kept track of every candidate submitted and took updates on their status from the client on daily basis.
- Helped candidates to prepare for in-person and Telephonic Interviews and kept them in loop with latest updates from the client.
- Involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintaining relationship with the consultant is extended further after he gets placed, I assisted them in signing up the contract forms and I was responsible for getting the timesheets on-time.
- I am involved in creating and managing a candidate network and queue with a wide variety of IT skills.
- Maintained an efficient database, with the help of which I could successfully deliver right IT people in right time.
- Establish and manage relationships with recruitment vendors and third party agencies
- I worked with IT consultants of various experience levels on .Net, Java/J2ee, Oracle, SAP, People soft, data warehousing, mainframes, testing tools, etc.
- Work on H1 Hiring that includes locating quality resources across the India and screening them.
- Effectively used Indian Job portals i.e. Naukri and Monster for Job postings and Mining resumes for H1B Hiring.
- Sourced for Direct Clients State of New York, Time Warner, Time Inc., NYC Department of Education and The New York Times etc.
- Worked for Clients like State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of North Carolina, Deloitte Consulting, FedEx Kinko’s & Sabre Holdings.
Technology Specific Recruiting Skills
- Corp-corp.com, Scguild.com, Jobvertise.com, Hotjobs.com, Jobsahead.com,& Industry specific job boards
- Oracle Applications eBusiness Suite, Database and tools
- SAP ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- PeopleSoft ERP, CRM, Supply Chain applications suite
- IT Staffing Sales and Recruiters.
Please find the attachment, it will be more helpful for the fresher to face the interview. All the best.
50 Common Interview Questions and Answers:
1. Tell me about yourself:
4. Do you consider yourself successful?
15. What is your philosophy towards work?
18. Explain how you would be an asset to this organization.
20. Tell me about a suggestion you have made.
22. What is your greatest strength?
25. What are you looking for in a job?
27. What is more important to you: the money or the work?
28. What would your previous supervisor say your strongest point is?
29. Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor.
31. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
32. Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
34. Are you willing to work overtime? Nights? Weekends?
35. How would you know you were successful on this job?
36. Would you be willing to relocate if required?
38. Describe your management style.
42. Do you think you are overqualified for this position?
43. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
44. What qualities do you look for in a boss?
46. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
47. Describe your work ethic.
48. What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
49. Tell me about the most fun you have had on the job.
50. Do you have any questions for me?
Search Sample Formats:
I have attached invitation to attend interview letter for selection panel.
BDEL/HRD/ /2011-12 ________(DATE)
(NAME AND ADDRESS OF PANEL MEMBERS)
Ref: Interviews for the Post of________
We invite you to kindly consent to be a Panel member for the interviews to be carried out for the positions of ________ at address. The details of the following are as under:
Please find a cheque no. ______ dated ______ for Rs._____/-drawn on _______ towards fees payable to you as a panel member for conducting the interviews.
Manager HR & Admin.
Search Sample Formats:
- invitation to panel members for conducting interview
- invite to join the interview panel
- panel interview invitation email
- invite wording to panel interview member
- invitation letter for selection panel
- invitation letter inviting subject expert to conduct an interview as one of the panel
- how to invite an interview panelist
- invitation to join interview panel
- invitation to sit on interview panel
- invitation email to the interview pannel for an interview
I have attached sample word format Letter of invitation to job interview.
Dear Sir / Madam,
Your application for the post of _______(DESIGNATION) – Call for interview
Please refer to your letter dated «Letter_Dated» forwarding your Curriculum Vitae for the post of «JobTitle».
This is to inform you that the interview for the post of «JobTitle» is scheduled to be held on «Dt_of_Int» at «Time_of_Int» at _________________________________________
Please make it convenient to appear for an interview before the Selection Committee on «Dt_of_Int» at «Time_of_Int».
You are requested to fill the Bio-Data in the format attached herewith and carry all the original relevant documents at the time of interview for verification. No expenses for attending the interview will be paid, merely by attending the interview does not entitle you to any benefits or assurance from the Company whatsoever.
You are requested to confirm your presence at email@example.com/ phone: 022-26256685/86 / Fax: 022-26256687
Search Sample Formats:
- briefly explain how falsifying your curriculum vitae could jeopardise your chances of landing your dream job
- briefly explain how falsifying your curriculum vitae could jeopardise your chances of getting a job
- how falsifying your curriculum vitae could jeopardise your chances of landing your dream job
- appolization letter for interview not attended
- sample letter for not attending interview