These days, we all are switching from formal letters to formal emails. The content in both these formats is same except one difference i.e. in letters you put date and address on the left hand side which is missing in emails.
If you have to write a formal resignation letter and you are not very much sure about how to being writing a professional resignation email then here are some very useful tips given below, using which you can create a perfect formal email without making any mistake. Follow these steps one by one, to frame a fool-proof email with essential details.
Step wise Process for Writing Formal Resignation Email
Let us read through the steps that help you write a perfect resignation email:
Clear Subject Line
Start with a simple and clear subject line which should convey the content in the email. Do not make it look like something alarming. Do not use bold or capital letters. You have to keep it polite and clear. Submission of Resignation is the finest of all the choices.
Addressing the Concerned Person
As you begin writing the email, you must start with the right opening format. Depending upon your association with your boss, you must select the beginning of the email. If you share a friendly association then you can start with “Dear Sir or Ma’am” and if your relationship is formal then replace “Dear” with “Respected”.
Clearly State Your Intention
Begin with clearly mentioning the reason for writing this email which is resignation. Do not make it look vague in any sense so that your boss thinks that there is room to retain you by negotiating with you or resolving your issues. Your email must deliver that after thoughtful consideration, you have finally decided to resign. You must express it as your final decision.
Talk About Notice Period
Different companies have different notice periods depending upon their norms. Notice period is the duration when you have to work with the company once you have signed the resignation so that the company has enough time to find a replacement. During this time you have to share your work related details with your co-workers. So make sure you mention it in your email.
Mention the Reason for Leaving
There is a reason behind resigning and you must state the reason in your email. Though it is not compulsory to mention it but employer is always keen on knowing the reason for quitting the job. By stating the reason, you might get some alluring offer from your employer like a similar profile, salary hike or promotion, something which you had always wanted.
Express Willingness to Help
You have to be helpful. You must state in writing that you would be happy to help out the company during this transition period by assisting in recruitment process or training your substitute. Always offer yourself to the employer for any kind of assistance that is needed from your end to make it a smooth and comfortable process. This is important as it will leave a positive impact on him.
You must always thank your employer for his support and guidance and for the wonderful learning experience you had under his supervision. It is very important to thank him by ending your letter with a kind note. You must also thank your co-workers and team for their support.
End it Formally
Make sure that you end your letter in a nice and formal manner. Once you have written a thank you note, you must wish the company an amazing growth and bright future.
Once you have followed all these points, end your letter by writing “Sincerely” on the left hand side bottom and finish it by including your name under it.
With all of these steps mentioned above, you will have a perfectly framed formal resignation email. But before sending it to your boss, read it twice to make sure that there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Once all this is done, just click and send it.
Formal Resignation Email with Format
Subject: Submission of Resignation
Dear Ms. Julie,
The purpose of writing this email is to inform you that I have decided to move on to pursue another opportunity which I feel is going to give my career great growth. I hereby submit my resignation from the post of Marketing Executive at ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd. today, 12th April 2016. I will be serving the notice period of one month.
The reason because of which I am leaving my present job is that I have received a wonderful opportunity which will not only give me a salary hike but will also bring along lots of new opportunities which will be very helpful in my career in long term.
I would be happy to help you with a smooth transition phase by helping in the process of recruitment and training of my substitute. Please let me know if you need any kind of assistance you require from my side to keep this process smooth.
I am very thankful to ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd. for giving me wonderful opportunities to perform and move ahead in my career. These 5 years have been years of learning and gaining experience. I have always been supported by my supervisor and team members to take up new challenges and perform better.
I wish the company an amazing growth and bright future.
Search Sample Formats:
- experience letter with salary
- how to write letters to dont want esi
- job experience certificate with salary details format
- experience letter with selory later
- experiance letter with
- experience certificate including salary mentioned format
- use experience letter with mention salary
- experience certificate in mention salary
- experienc certificate with mention salary
- experian letter format with salary
Whenever a person leaves an organization or institution, he is suppose to attain a No Dues Certificate from the management which states that he is not required to clear any dues and is free to leave the organization without any charges on him.
If you are the department head or supervisor with a company and you are required to sanction such a certificate for one of your employee who is leaving the company to the HR manager then here is a format to help you. Use this sample to create a formal customized no dues certificate which consists of all the required details. It is basically a very short and crisp document.
Sample No Dues Certificate Format
ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd., New York
NO DUES CERTIFICATE
Human Resource Department
ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
This is to certify that Marketing Department has ‘NO DUES’ against Mr. James Smith, Marketing Executive at ABC Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Manager, Marketing Department
Search Sample Formats:
- mspdcl no due certificate
- one time no due certificate
- no due certificate from company
- no dues certificate from employee
- no dues form for employee
- mspdcl one time no due certificate form
- no dues form format for employee
- no dues certificate format for employees in word
- mspdcl no due
- mspdcl one time no due certificate
Boss / Reporting Officer ( RO) Name
Subject: Resignation Letter
I, (Your Name ), after careful thought and consideration and with deep regret would like to inform you that due to some unavoidable family reasons I will not be able to render my services to this esteemed organization. ( Your Company Name) has indeed been a milestone for my career.
I would like to thank you for providing me with an excellent opportunity to develop my skill set. My tenure at ( Your Company Name) indeed has been a learning experience. I also would like to thank all my seniors, peers and colleagues who have directly or indirectly helped me in discharging my responsibilities and achieving my present level of experience.
Kindly accept my resignation and relieve me of my duties by ( Leaving Date ).
Employee Code / No
Other Related Post to Resignation Letters
Search Sample Formats:
Date: 07 /10/2013
Welcome to the Rocket Sales family.
At Rocket Sales we work like a team getting ready for an important game. We carefully choose the members of the team who would represent us, we give them intensive training, we make them feel comfortable, we get inspiring captains and competent managers to take care of all the aspects. In each of these roles we have some of the best people in the industry, be it our sales Team, our induction and training programs, our Human Resource Policies, our leaders and our back end departments.
Rocket Sales success has largely been due to its fair people practices and I am sure you too will be proud to be with us. We will definitely be proud to have you in our team.
To help us make our records complete and updated so as to serve you better, kindly fill in the enclosed Joining Report and submit the same along with required document to the HR department.
For any clarifications your HR department is just a click or a call or a step away. Drop in for clarifications, guidance or just plain words of wisdom. They love to have you around.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Search Sample Formats:
September 15, 2013
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
This to certify that Mr Narayan is working with us since 01.01.2012 and now he is promoted as a General Manager (Finance), posted at Delhi.
During his tenure, we found him to be honest, sincere, hard working & creative.
We wish him all success in his future life.
For ABC CORPORATION LTD,
Search Sample Formats:
- salary certificate for bank loan
- salary certificate to whomsoever it may concern
- salary Certificate Format In Word
- salary certificate format for bank loan
- salary certificate format
- suryoday hr formula
- salary certificate format in word for bank loan
- Salary Certificate Format for Loan
- salary certificate format for bank loan free download
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify that we have paid salary to Mr Ranjan during the financial year 2012-13 as under :
House Rent Allowance
PF own contribution
Search Sample Formats:
- Salary Certificate Format doc
- salary certificate format in ms word
- salary certificate doc
- consolidated salary certificate format
- Salary Certificate Format India
- last pay certificate odisha form in Ms word
- salary certificate form
- salary certificate format for return file
- format of salary certificate of Indian company
- salary certificate in india
I have Attached Undertaking Letter Format
Accounts & Finance Department,
Company name and address.
Subject: Undertaking for Service Tax,
This is regarding service tax which is unpaid to our company and meeting held on ….01 September 2012, 01 PM at your office.
Hereby we assure you that please pay us the service tax amount which is due to be paid to us, so that we can submit all the chalans.
Further please do not deduct our service tax amount and we assure you that we will submit service tax chalIans time to time.
We thank you for your kind support & guidance.
With warm regards,
Please find attached a general format for preparing a research report.
A. Preliminary Section
1. Title Page
2. Acknowledgments (if any)
3. Table of Contents
4. List of Tables (if any)
5. List of Figures (if any)
B. Main Body
a. Statement of the Problem
b. Significance of the Problem (and historical background)
d. Statement of Hypothesis
g. Definition of Terms
2. Review of Related Literature (and analysis of previous research)
3. Design of the Study
a. Description of Research Design and Procedures Used
b. Sources of Data
c. Sampling Procedures
d. Methods and Instruments of Data Gathering
e. Statistical Treatment
4. Analysis of Data
a. text with appropriate
b. tables and
5. Summary and Conclusions
a. Restatement of the Problem
b. Description of Procedures
c. Major Findings (reject or fail to reject Ho)
e. Recommendations for Further Investigation
C. Reference Section
1. End Notes (if in that format of citation)
2. Bibliography or Literature Cited
I have Attached Sales Incentive Calculation Format in Excel.
|Total Sales Incentives|
|S.No.||Month||Incentives (Month Wise)|
Search Sample Formats:
I have attached the format for Consultancy Agreement. You can make the necessary changes as required all fields in bold need to be updated.
This agreement is made on the <date> day of <month year>, between Mr. /Ms. <Name> aged about <age> residing at <Address, City, Pin> [herein after referred to as Consultant] of the one part and <Name of company> having its registered office at <office address in full> [herein after referred to as the Company] of the second part.
This agreement has been entered into between the Consultant and the Company and will be effective from <effective date> for a period of ELEVEN MONTHS i.e. up to <end date>. This agreement supersedes all previous agreements.
Now this agreement witnesses the following terms and conditions agreed between the parties and are binding on both.
- The consultant shall be engaged under the designation of <”Designation- Department”> based at <Location>.
- The consultant will work on all working days during the tenure of the agreement, and in no circumstances may the consultant engage himself in any other business whatsoever whilst so engaged.
- The consultant shall not indulge in any act or omission, which is likely to harm the reputation of the company. The consultant will be signing the Non Disclosure Agreement of the company.
- The consultant shall be paid remuneration of Rs. <salary/-> < (salary in words)> per month excluding service tax on consultation on the succeeding <payroll date> of the calendar month during the agreement period.
- The consultant shall be paid remuneration as under during the agreement period:
Mention all details of compensation to be paid; for e.g.:
- Medical coverage will be provided to the consultant and his family to the extent of Rs…../- p.a. for hospitalization expenses only, apart from Group personal accident & workmen’s compensation coverage.
- The variable salary component, termed as Performance Linked Pay (PLP) will be pegged at 20% of your annual remuneration, and will be based on metrics, covering the business, financial and performance parameters and will be based on a combination of-
a) The performance of the company as a whole (7%)
b) The performance of the Business vertical and the Region concerned (7%)
c) The performance of the Consultant (6%)
- Mobile expenses will be reimbursed as per company policy.
- Conveyance expenses will be reimbursed as per company policy.
- The consultant shall be provided a company vehicle which is to be maintained as per company policy (if vehicle will be provided)
- The consultant shall serve the company loyally, faithfully and diligently and shall at all times safeguard and protect the interest of the company.
- The consultant shall not have any financial transaction with other consultants or customer/suppliers of the company.
- The consultant shall not be entitled for benefits like gratuity, PF, and any other fringe benefits except mentioned in this agreement.
10. The consultant shall be entitled for <no. of leave days> days of leave per annum. Unavailed leave shall lapse at the end of the period of the contract.
11. Either party will be at liberty to terminate the agreement by giving one month’s notice in writing with or without assigning any reasons.
12. In the event of this agreement being terminated, the consultant shall repay the lump sum amount outstanding against him on any account whatsoever.
This agreement shall be enforceable by suit or otherwise at <location> only.
Signature of the Consultant
Search Sample Formats:
- pf consultant agreement format
- gratuity register form number
- formate of reply of notice to PF office that contractor is not working with us
- format for regular employee to consultant
- gratuity formate register
- sample letter of appointment consultants
- Latter to epf office for name correction
- letter format for consultancy
- letter format to pf office for name change
- nda sample for human resource consultant