When you are working for a company, it is mandatory for you to comply with the rules and regulations of that company. It is obvious that you are supposed to abide by the ethnics your company believes in. If you are the HR Manager of your organization and you have come across a complaint of an employee reporting to work in a drunken state then writing a formal warning letter for alcohol consumption during working hours is the right thing to do.
We bring to you a sample format for writing a formal alcohol consumption warning letter. Use this template to create a customized letter as per your subjective needs.
Sample Warning Letter For Alcohol Consumption During Working Hours
Zenith Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
4AA, Pali Hill, St.Andrews Road, Bandra West
Date: 15th March, 2017
52/A, Reverie Apartments
Has Brown Residential Colony
Dear Mr. Aniston,
This is to bring to your notice that we have received a complaint against you that you reported to work in a drunken state. On 15th March, 2017, Saturday, you resumed your work post lunch in a drunken state which is strictly against the company policy. Not only that, you were suggested to leave the office by your team mates but you created a ruckus at the office and had a heated argument with your team leader, Mr. Jacon Smith.
As you are aware that our company is very particular about the conduct of our employees and the same has been mentioned in the rules of the company. As per our policy, any employee reporting to work in the influence of alcohol or any other drug will attract punishment. The power to fine, punish or terminate the employee strictly lies in the hands of the management.
As this is the very first complaint against you in the service of last three years, the management has decided to issue the final warning to you. If any such case is repeated in future then you will have to face immediate termination. Please consider this letter as a serious warning as we would not entertain such a kind of behavior.
You have always been a responsible individual and our company is proud of your performance. We would never like to lose an employee like you. In case you are facing any complications at professional or personal end, we would be happy to help you by arranging a session with our counselor who will assist you with dealing with the difficult times.
Hope you will be more cautious with your conduct.
Zenith Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Search Sample Formats:
- explanation call letter format
- service letter from employer
- how to write end of service letter
- sample written warning for disclosing salary information
- warning letter to employee for indiscipline behaviour taken leave without inform company
- wording for future success of an employee service letter
- employment service letter sample
- letter of service to employee sample
- REQUEST SATURDAY OFF SAMPLE LETTER
- sample warning letters for performance deduction
Every company has some ethnics which every employee is suppose to be following. If the employee fails to adhere to the rules and regulations set by the company then serious actions can be taken against them; they can even be terminated.
If you are an HR Manager of your company and some employee is found consuming alcohol during working hours then you must issue him a warning letter stating the consequences. You must warn him in a strict way and make sure that you are able to deliver the message that in case the warning is not taken seriously then he can face strict punishment or action. Here is a formal example designed to help you frame a customized letter. It consists of all the essential points that are required to be included in your letter.
Template of Warning Letter For Alcohol Consumption During Working Hours
XYZ Development Bank
42 Richmond Street,
Date: 13th July, 2015
46 Agastha Apartments,
Dear Mr. Jacob,
On 10th July, 2015, you reported late for duty at 10.30 a.m. when your shift starts sharp at 9 a.m. and you were in a drunken state. Because you smelled of alcohol, you were advised by your team leader, Mr. John Smith, advised you to go back home when he noticed your weird behavior at the reception of the company. Instead of following his advice, you misbehaved with him and abused him. As you were quite loud, your behavior and abusive words were noticed by two other staff members, Mr. Adam Gibbs and Ms. Samantha Brown. Mr. Gibbs tried to calm you down but you did not pay any attention and you moved to your working station.
As mentioned in your appointment letter that as per company’s rules and regulations, coming to office under the influence of alcohol or any other substance abuse is a punishable act. The company has the authority to terminate the employee who fails to adhere to company ethics. You have not only disobeyed the company rules but you have also misbehaved and abused a fellow employee which is again against the regulations.
This is the last and final warning to you and in case you are found drunk or under the influence of any such substance then you will be terminated without any notice. The company is issuing a warning because you have been an amazing performer and there has been no complaint against you since you have joined the company.
In case, there is some issue that is bothering you then we can arrange a meeting with the company counselor who will help you sort your life. For any queries, contact me at email@example.com.
XYZ Development Bank
Search Sample Formats:
- warning letter for drinking alcohol
- sample warning letter for drunk employee
- warning letter to employee for drinking alcohol
- sample warning letter for alcohol on the job
- warning letter employee under influence alcohol
- warning letter for alcohol drinking in office
- www final letter to employer
- warning letter emloyee enterd offfice primeses drinking alcohol
- sample of final pay to employee
- a letter asking for final pay after resignation
Alcohol and drug policy
1. Purpose of alcohol and drug policy
• Using of alcohol and/or drugs by its employees should not impair their health and social life.
• Misuse of alcohol and/or drugs may have detrimental effects on an employee’s attendance and work performance, the interests of the company and its other employees are invoked.
2. Definition of alcohol and drug
Alcohol is defined as:
“The habitual drinking of intoxicating liquor by an employee, whereby the employee’s ability to perform his/her duties is impaired or his/her attendance at work is interfered with, or he/she endangers the safety of others”.
and drug is defined as:
“The habitual taking of drugs by an employee other than drugs prescribed as medication, whereby the employee’s ability to perform his/her duties is impaired, or his/her attendance at work is interfered with, or he/she endangers the safety of others”.
The following are expressly prohibited while on company business or premises:
• Possession of prescribed medications not authorized for personal use.
• Reporting for duty with the presence in the body of alcohol or drugs above the accepted standards adopted in company.
• The use, possession, distribution and offering for sale of drugs or drug paraphernalia.
• The unauthorized use, possession, distribution, offering for sale of beverage alcohol
Various investigation and testing procedures defined in the alcohol & drug practices may be used in support of this policy.
4. Reporting of alcohol and drug
To minimize the risk of unsafe and unsatisfactory performance due to alcohol or drugs, staff are expected to report fit for work and remain fit for work throughout their workday or shift and when on scheduled call.
5. Implementation of this policy
Disciplinary action up to and including termination will be taken for violations of this Policy and its related practices.