Every company has some ethnics which every employee is suppose to be following. If the employee fails to adhere to the rules and regulations set by the company then serious actions can be taken against them; they can even be terminated.
If you are an HR Manager of your company and some employee is found consuming alcohol during working hours then you must issue him a warning letter stating the consequences. You must warn him in a strict way and make sure that you are able to deliver the message that in case the warning is not taken seriously then he can face strict punishment or action. Here is a formal example designed to help you frame a customized letter. It consists of all the essential points that are required to be included in your letter.
Template of Warning Letter For Alcohol Consumption During Working Hours
XYZ Development Bank
42 Richmond Street,
Date: 13th July, 2015
46 Agastha Apartments,
Dear Mr. Jacob,
On 10th July, 2015, you reported late for duty at 10.30 a.m. when your shift starts sharp at 9 a.m. and you were in a drunken state. Because you smelled of alcohol, you were advised by your team leader, Mr. John Smith, advised you to go back home when he noticed your weird behavior at the reception of the company. Instead of following his advice, you misbehaved with him and abused him. As you were quite loud, your behavior and abusive words were noticed by two other staff members, Mr. Adam Gibbs and Ms. Samantha Brown. Mr. Gibbs tried to calm you down but you did not pay any attention and you moved to your working station.
As mentioned in your appointment letter that as per company’s rules and regulations, coming to office under the influence of alcohol or any other substance abuse is a punishable act. The company has the authority to terminate the employee who fails to adhere to company ethics. You have not only disobeyed the company rules but you have also misbehaved and abused a fellow employee which is again against the regulations.
This is the last and final warning to you and in case you are found drunk or under the influence of any such substance then you will be terminated without any notice. The company is issuing a warning because you have been an amazing performer and there has been no complaint against you since you have joined the company.
In case, there is some issue that is bothering you then we can arrange a meeting with the company counselor who will help you sort your life. For any queries, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XYZ Development Bank
Search Sample Formats:
- sample warning letter for drunk employee
- warning letter for drinking alcohol
- final letter employee final pay
- warning letter for consuming alcohol
- how to write a warning letter to the employee about reporting drunk for work
- Warning letter for drinking on duty
- body unfit absent duty hr letter format
- sample termination letter for drunk employee
- Letter explaining deductions that have been made from the final pay of an employee
- letter requesting final employment check
Alcohol and drug policy
1. Purpose of alcohol and drug policy
• Using of alcohol and/or drugs by its employees should not impair their health and social life.
• Misuse of alcohol and/or drugs may have detrimental effects on an employee’s attendance and work performance, the interests of the company and its other employees are invoked.
2. Definition of alcohol and drug
Alcohol is defined as:
“The habitual drinking of intoxicating liquor by an employee, whereby the employee’s ability to perform his/her duties is impaired or his/her attendance at work is interfered with, or he/she endangers the safety of others”.
and drug is defined as:
“The habitual taking of drugs by an employee other than drugs prescribed as medication, whereby the employee’s ability to perform his/her duties is impaired, or his/her attendance at work is interfered with, or he/she endangers the safety of others”.
The following are expressly prohibited while on company business or premises:
• Possession of prescribed medications not authorized for personal use.
• Reporting for duty with the presence in the body of alcohol or drugs above the accepted standards adopted in company.
• The use, possession, distribution and offering for sale of drugs or drug paraphernalia.
• The unauthorized use, possession, distribution, offering for sale of beverage alcohol
Various investigation and testing procedures defined in the alcohol & drug practices may be used in support of this policy.
4. Reporting of alcohol and drug
To minimize the risk of unsafe and unsatisfactory performance due to alcohol or drugs, staff are expected to report fit for work and remain fit for work throughout their workday or shift and when on scheduled call.
5. Implementation of this policy
Disciplinary action up to and including termination will be taken for violations of this Policy and its related practices.