If you have an Accounting Degree and you are not sure of which jobs to apply for then this article can be of great help for you. The focus of this article is on the list of best jobs for the people who have a degree in accounts. You need to understand that with this kind of a degree, you have two major options- either to be placed with the accounting department of some company or simply get placed with a tax firm.
This article will talk about all sorts of job profiles which are good options for those who have an accounting degree.
- Having a Job With Accounting Department
Every company has an accounting department, the size of which depends upon the size of the company. Hence, there are various job opportunities for people with an accounting degree depending upon their experience and academic achievements. Not to forget that even if you begin from the lowest profile, you have all the room to gain experience and rise high up on the ladder with your performance. Some of the jobs which are offered by accounting department to candidates with accounting degree include the following:
- Accounting Intern
- Accounting Analyst I-IV
- Accounting Associate
- Junior Accounting Associate
- Senior Accounting Associate
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Accounting Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Accounting Supervisor
- Asset Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Projects and Fixed Assets Accounting Analyst
- Director of Accounting
- Having a Job With a Taxation Company
Tax firms offer their technical and professional services to companies with different kinds of companies of varied sizes. They handle all sorts of taxation issues for the business along with personal taxation requirements of individuals. When you join such a company, the basic job profile that you are offered with a degree in accounting includes the job of a tax accounting clerk. This profile is responsible for helping people and business manage and control their taxes with the finest details. You are also required to keep a close watch on different day to day transactions thereby ensuring that the company or the person has completed all the necessary paperwork. When it is time to file income tax returns, you will have to assist with all sorts of preparations for filing the return and serving them with advices so that they can reduces their risks during audit.
- Job of Cost Estimator
You can also apply for the job of cost estimator with the degree in accounting. He is one person who generally works for residential contractors, commercial contractors, building equipment contractors and all sorts of similar contractors. When you are new in the industry, you can begin as a junior estimator and then rise up to the position of chief estimator with time and experience. At this profile, you will be responsible for deriving different costs that go into construction thereby helping the company manage its resources in the optimum way. There is a high demand of professional and learned cost estimators in the industry who can use the accounting principles in creating the best estimation.
- Financial Analyst
Another profile that you can apply for with a degree in accounting is the profile of financial analyst. The roles and responsibilities of this job include researching and analyzing the present market trends and using different principles and models to make predictions about the future market to help investors invest their money in the right deals which involve maximum gains and minimum risk. This is an amazing profile where you have to play with numbers and make predictions by studying the present trends and probable future trends.
- Profile of Accountant
Every company needs an accountant to manage its daily and yearly accounts so that there are no taxation and audit issues involved. Hence, there is always a high demand of different kinds of accountants. There are different profiles under this head which can be really good options for you.
- Internal Auditor
- External Auditor
- Staff Accountant
- Compliance Executive
- Financial Analyst
Now you have a list of options which are really very fruitful with the kind of degree you possess. Choose from any of these profiles and start applying for different kinds of jobs depending upon your choice and preference.
Accounting Interview Questions
I/ General accountant interview questions
1. Tell me about your self?
2. If we were to call your current supervisor, in which area of accounting would he or she say is your strongest? Which area would he or she say is your weakest?
3. What unique skills or knowledge can you contribute to our company?
4. What additional training or experience will we need to provide you with in order to perform the duties of this position?
5. Tell us about any accounting process that you’ve either developed or revised. How would you evaluate the effectiveness of your work?
6. Why have you chosen a career in Accounting?
7. What aspect of accounting do you dislike the most?
8. Tell me about your experience in reconciliation?
9. When do you plan on attaining your CPA? What steps will you take to prepare yourself?
10. Give us an example of how you have used your creativity to solve a problem on the job?
11. What is difference between cost accounting and financial accounting?
12. What is the difference between accounts and finance?