Tips for Writing Summer Internship Programme Offer Letter
Summer internship programmes have always been on high stakes especially among students. However, the program is conducted through different procedures with formal approaches. After an intern is finalized, a .pdf offer letter is officially sent to them to welcome them to the family. Such documents outline activities and projects that will be given responsibility of during the period of internship. These documents are very specific only to help create a better working relationship between the intern and the organization.
Below are a few guidelines to help you write better internship offer letters:
- It has to be properly addressed to the student intern.
- The letter should be duly signed by the director/manager/administrator of sponsoring institution/program.
- Mentioning of the internship position title is a must.
- Do not forget to mention the name and address of the sponsoring institution/program.
- Though optional, try to mentioned the required qualifications too.
- Briefly mention about the duties and responsibilities expected of the intern.
- If possible mention the time period and number of hours per week with tentative schedule.
- State clearly about the stipend, i.e. is the internship paid or unpaid.
- Mention the name, title and contact information of the direct supervisor.
Sample Summer Internship Programme Offer Letter
It gives me immense pleasure to offer you a Summer Internship position at (organization name). Please find the following confirmation of the specifics in context to your internship:
Date of starting: __/__/__
Date of ending: __/__/__
Number of Working Hours: 15 hours per week for 150 hours
Compensation: Lunch stipend
Reporting Officer: (Name of supervisor) with whom you will be fixed for a weekly report
Responsibilities: Day-to-day responsibilities with new targets, projects and assignments.
Office Location: You will have to report to (place) at our branch office.
In case of any questions concerning the internship, please feel free to contact me at ____________.
To indicate your acceptance of this offer, do sign and date this letter and return it to the address mentioned below.