Appointment Letter Sample
I have attached appointment letter. After giving the Offer Letter, an Appointment Letter is the next step of interaction between a company and an employee.
Dear Mr. ……….,
Re : Appointment
With reference to your application dated [date] and the subsequent interview you had with us, we have pleasure in appointing you as a ` [Designation – Department].’ at our …….. w.e.f.. [date].
The terms and conditions of your appointment will be as follows:
1) a. Your basic salary will be Rs………. /- (Amount in words) per month.
b. House Rent Allowance
House Rent allowance is payable to you at the rate of 40% of your basic salary per month.
You will be paid Rs………./- (Rs Amount in words) per month towards Transport.
d. Education Allowance
You will be paid Rs……./- (Amount in words) per month towards Education Allowance.
e Other Allowance
You will be paid Rs. …… /- (Rs Amount in words) per month towards Other Allowance.
f. Leave Travel Assistance
Leave Travel Assistance will be paid to you at the rate of Rs……… /- (Amount in words) per annum after completion of twelve month’s service in the Company.
: 2 :
[name of the employee]
g. Medical Assistance
According to the Company’s rules, you will be entitled to the membership of the medical scheme in force. In addition you will be entitled to reimbursement of other actual medical expenses up to Rs……… /- (Amount in words) per annum.
h. Provident Fund
You will be entitled to become a member of our Scheme which is governed by Employees’ Provident Fund Act & Scheme 1952.
As per Gratuity Act.
2) Your appointment will initially be for a period of 6 months probation from the date of your joining during which period your services may be terminable without any notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
3) On satisfactory completion of the probationary period your appointment will be confirmed in writing. After confirmation, your services may be terminated at any time by giving two months notice in writing by either side. In case you leave our employment without any notice, we shall have the right to deduct as liquidated damages an amount equivalent to two months notice from any money or moneys that may be due.
4) You will be entitled to leave as per the Company’s rules and regulations.
5) You will be liable to be transferred to any branch, division or department of the Company or be sent on deputation.
6) You will promote and expand the business of the Company and not directly or indirectly and either solely or jointly be engaged in any service or other business or profession whether during or after the hours of employment.
7) You will hold as confidential:
a. any knowledge concerning the affairs of the Company which you may acquire in the course of your employment with the Company;
: 3 :
[name of the employee]
b. any knowledge relating to manufacturing formulae and processes or any other secrets or secret process and any knowledge relating to the structure or working of any machinery used by the Company;
c. any knowledge relating to the source of supply of any goods used in the manufacture of the Company’s goods and any special or secret knowledge relating to the purchase of the aforesaid goods;
d. any knowledge relating to the Company’s sales department, including special methods of selling, special methods of working territories, sales systems or any information contained in any of the Company’s confidential sales department papers and documents.
8) You will not at any time hereafter without the consent in writing of the Company divulge or make known any trusts, secrets, accounts or dealings of or relating to the Company’s business.
9) You undertake that you will not disclose the information or knowledge relating or any part thereof disclosed to you or gained by you by reason of your employment. This obligation shall continue to remain in force even after your leaving the service of the Company.
10) a. You will be responsible for safe keeping and return in good condition and order all our property which may be in your use, custody and charge.
10)b. You will return forthwith, as and when called upon to do so, in good condition and order, all notes, sketches, designs, drawings, charts, documents, etc. which may have come into your possession during the course of your employment.
11) You will devote your whole time and attention and abilities to the business of the Company and shall serve the Company honestly and faithfully carry out all lawful directions and orders of the company in discharge of your duties. The Company shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to change your designation.
12) You will not in any way pledge the credit of the Company or expose the Company to any pecuniary liabilities or obligations nor shall you advance moneys or give credit to any person without the prior written consent of the Company.
: 4 :
[name of the employee]
13) If at any time, in our opinion, which is final in this matter you are insolvent or found guilty of dishonesty disobedience, disorderly behavior, negligence, indiscipline, absence from duty without permission or any other conduct considered by us detrimental to our interest or violation of one or more terms of this letter, your services may be terminated without notice.
14) You will abide by the staff rules and regulations applicable to you which are in force for the time being or may be framed from time to time.
15) Your appointment is on the clear understanding that the information furnished by you in your employment application form is correct and the certificates and references produced by you are genuine and bonafide.
Kindly confirm your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by returning the duplicate copy of this letter duly signed by you.
VICE PRESIDENT – HR
I agree to the above terms and conditions.
SIGNATURE & DATE