Appendix Competency Workshop
I have Attached Appendix Competency Workshop
This workshop is held to introduce the concept of competency. This workshop will also clarify the scope and design features of the competency project.
Project Counterparts/General Manager of HR
- The workshop will be divided into two days discussing the following topics:
- Day 1: Describing general understanding of competency model.
The materials for day 1 should at least include the following issues:
- Concept of competency
- Components of competency
- Competency model development
- Day 2: Defining the scope and design of the competency project. Depending on the client’s need, the model should address the following design factors :
- The context and scope of the project. Will the model be geared toward a specific function or total organization?
- The expected outcomes of competency model. Will the model be used to develop and train employees; or to design career development plan?
- The level of future orientation of the model. Will the model reflect future or current job requirements? If the client decides that their model will be based on future requirements, they might use future performance needs (i.e., benchmark data; best practices) as a basis to create competencies.
- Types of competencies (managerial, technical, etc) that will be used in developing competency model.