Comprehensive Guide for Manager to Effectively Motivate Employees
It is the duty of the manager to motivate his employees. Motivation is extremely important to make your employees aim higher and work harder. Without motivation, no organization and no employee can improve. Therefore, managers should know what motivates their employees and serve them the same thing to get better performance. For some money is the motivation and for some recognition is. Some enjoy new challenges and competition while some are contented with their work. It is very much subjective to a candidate what motivates him.
Understanding the Motivational Issues
Sometimes people fail to act, not because they are not motivated but because they have other issues which make it difficult for them to accomplish what they can. Here are some situations:
- Time Management Issue: Some people lack the ability to use their time and as a result they are unable to perform even when they are motivated.
- Procrastination Issue: Some people delay things not because they are not motivated but because they have some fear or they lack confidence.
- Issues with Approach: Some people have a typical that they cannot do a particular job or they should have done that job. They are somehow stuck with the past.
- Issues with Thinking Pattern: Some people think differently. They jump to conclusions, mislabel, magnify or minimize problems. They can do things but they are unable to.
A Guide to Motivation
We have come up with few motivating techniques that will help you and your organization grow.
Motivate Them to Be More Productive
Almost all the companies use rewards and competition to motivate their employees to be more productive but this kind of approach loses its luster with time. Here are a few tips to help:
- Know various kinds of rewards:
Big and unexpected rewards are used seldom but motivate employees very well. Scheduled rewards are very much expected and regular rewards that are easy to attain for anyone in the company. Rewards depending upon everyday work of employees. Companies have to use mix of these rewards to motivate the employees.
- Maintain transparent work culture
Not all companies are comfortable with this idea but maintaining transparency in company actually helps in motivating employees. This helps them trust their company better and work harder to be a stronger part of it.
- Encourage loyalty
It is not easy to find employees who are loyal to companies. So focus on this attribute which every company desires for.
- Profit sharing with employees
This is another kind of reward. Employees feel motivated because increased productivity reflects in their income as well. They are motivated to work continuously to give better results as each and every attempt that they make brings about a change in their overall earnings.
- Reward them for their hard work
It is important to reward employees for their hard work. When they get bonus for their extra commitment and new leads, they feel motivated to work harder. It is for the managers to see that each one gets paid for the hard work in the reward system.
- Excessive pressure hampers performance
If in the name of motivation, you end up putting extra pressure on your employees then it is quite damaging. It actually turns out to be the biggest demotivator for them. It is nothing but bad management skills that end up putting their employees under unnecessary performance because of which they fail to deliver even their regular performance. Be justified with what you ask your employees for.
Motivate Them to be More Creative
Make your employees more innovative, encourage them to think differently. Here are the tricks that are of great help:
- Allow Them To Have A Little Fun: If you want them to be creative, you have to allow them to have some fun. Creativity flourishes in an easy and fun-filled setting.
- Let Them Have Freedom to Think: Let your employees have their own ideas put into action, learn from their mistakes and enjoy their success.
Motivate Them to Work In Synergy
Companies have to strike the right balance between having their customers work together but not against each other. Managers have to be smart with using their motivational tactics to motivate their employees effectively so that team dynamics don’t get affected and also that employees don’t care about competition.
- Don’t let competition damage teamwork
Companies have various teams and managers must check that outputs of these teams don’t get hampered because of competition. Synchronization between the both is a must.
- Fair competition is healthy competition
The spirit of the competition has to be positive. Don’t let any kind of negative behavior surface during the competition or else it will again act as a demotivator.
- Check on gossips
Managers must make sure that any kind of practices like gossiping and backstabbing don’t surface in the company. They have long lasting damages.
This is a complete guide to help managers motivate their employees in the right way.
Search Sample Formats:
- comitment to boss
- memo to employes to increase productivity
- example thanks you letter to commitment employee
- letter of commitment to send documents
- letter of commitment example from employer
- example letter to employees commitment
- exampl letter of no more employee
- employer paid training and work commitment
- written warning for productivity
- commitment letter template for attendance