We all work hard for making our job search process a success but despite the best of our efforts, we are not always rewarded with what we had expected. We must not forget that the competition in the market is very high and you need to give your best in order to make your job search a rewarding experience.
With this article, we have highlighted 10 secrets that can be very helpful in making job search process a success for all those who are hunting for a good job. With these secrets, you can actually beat the competition…so find out these tricks….!!!!
1. Go for Informational Interview
If the company in which you wish to apply doesn’t offer any openings for now then you can always go for an informational interview which helps you connect with people and the organization. This will help you make a difference when you will go for the actual interview.
2. Always Focus on Quality Over Quantity
All of us apply for hundreds of jobs because internet has made it so easy and comfortable to apply for jobs online. And when everyone is doing the same, you will never be able to make a difference if you are on the same wagon. To strike the right chords, be selective in your search and to make a difference, write personalized cover letters with your resume to make your application effective and impressive.
3. From Generalized to Personalized
We often copy paste the cover letters just because we must send a cover letter with our resume. And because of this, most of the recruiters don’t even pay attention to the resume because cover letter looks weak. To make it interesting, always keep it personalized. Include clear information and keep it specific to the job profile for which you are applying. This will surely make the reader interested in reading your resume.
4. Optimize on Connections
We know that connections make a big difference but in order to enjoy the benefits, we have to make a move. Get in touch with your former manager, co-worker, boss and any other professional connection to know if they have a job opening in their present company. With a connection mentioned in your cover letter, you can actually make a big difference and stand out in the competition without doing anything extra.
5. Clean Your Social Media
Before applying for any job, make sure that your profiles on various social networking websites are protected. You surely don’t want the company to see your Facebook or Instagram profile. Keep your LinkedIn and Google Plus profile with your latest information on employment and other professional details. Having an online portfolio can work as an impressive addition.
6. Have an Impressive Portfolio
Having a portfolio which includes a cover letter and resume along with printed recommendations can do wonders for you. But having these documents can make you look professional and hardworking and is worth every minute invested.
7. Never Go Unprepared for the Interview
Always prepare well for the interview. You should have complete knowledge about the company you are applying to, the profile for which you are applying. Do not forget to rehearse the basic interview questions. If you are going unprepared, you are going to lose all the points. Seek help from your friends to prepare smartly.
8. Be Specific
Never answer any questions that bring no clarity to the interviewer. Whatever you speak has to be of some value. Saying that you are a hard worker will not get you anywhere but narrating an incident which explains this quality will be more effective. You should know how you want to lead the interview rather letting the interview lead you.
9. Create Impressive Last Impression
Last impression is as important as your first impression. Leave the interview room with a smile and firm handshake. Do not forget to thank the interviewer for his time. You can even ask for the business card and once you are home write a thank you email.
10. Always Be Helpful
It is important to work on your relationships and be helpful to others. This is important as it will always help you have better connections which might help you get a reference or a job. Being nice to everyone in the professional world is of extreme importance.
Leaving a job is surely not an easy decision to make. Your job is the source of your income and is vital for your existence. It provides you resources to cater your family needs and if you leave your job then finding a better one is not easy. Moreover, there are chances that your employer might give you a bad reference which will affect your probability of finding a good job. By leaving a job, you also have to leave behind all the fringe benefits that your job brings along.
Quitting a job at the right time is very important in order to make sure that there are least numbers of odds against you. This post unveils some very interesting points which are helpful in helping you know that when the right time to quit your job is. By walking away from your present job at the right time, you get to minimize the damages.
Find out time put in by you in your job every week
You must keep a track of the amount of time you are giving to your job on weekly basis. This is important as it will help you have exact hours you have been working for your employer to know how balanced or unbalanced your professional and personal life is. You need to understand that you cannot keep missing your family events, compromise with your health and your loved ones because of your job. If you feel that you need to bring in a change in your work schedule then you can always speak with your boss in this context so that you are able to enjoy your work and also spend time with your family.
Analyze projects, achievements and credits
It is extremely important that you grow professionally. And to know that you must prepare a list of all the projects on which you have worked in the last year. Also note down the outcomes of each. Find out the kind of projects you have been getting and the credit you have been given by your boss for your work. In case, you are not appreciated for your good work then you must speak with your boss and ask for different kinds of projects that help you grow professionally. And if you feel that there is saturation with no growth opportunities then it is a serious thing.
Look for change in profile, roles and responsibilities
Sometimes new management takes the charges and brings about changes in the organization thereby leaving you with an undefined profile. In such a scenario, you must meet your supervisor and discuss your profile. You can ask for a new profile or have new responsibilities added to your previous profile. You can even negotiate on a transfer to a different department or branch. These are a few steps which you must take before finally deciding about leaving your job.
Try hard before making a final decision
You must make all possible efforts before taking a final decision. If all your efforts have failed to make things better at work front then only decide on leaving your job.
In case you are facing some serious problem at work like harassment or you get to know about some unethical activity going on at office then you can always decide to leave without wasting any time. At any point in time, when you feel uncomfortable working at your office, for any reason, then the best move is to quit your job right away. You can also report about the illegal practices, if any, to the HR department along with the related documents so that the right action can be taken.
So once you have analyzed your job on all of the points mentioned above, then it is the right time to decide whether you want to stay or move ahead. This kind of decision will be a well planned decision as you have taken all possible steps.
Switching to a new job will surely open doors of new opportunities for you. But if you think that you really need to make the best use of the new job then you can make some efforts to earn a promotion which can surely help you climb the ladder at faster pace. This post brings to you the 5 useful tips, which if followed with perfection, can actually help you earn a faster promotion at your new job. So read on and find out these guidelines for quick promotion.
- Don’t Go with Easy Projects: Pick Projects with Impact
Whenever you are picking any task or project then never go with something that is way too easy and simple. Remember that the opportunity to succeed lies in what is difficult. It is very important to pick projects that are challenging and come with maximum impact. Hence, it is very important for you to analyze a project from different angles while picking it to make sure that what you select can actually help you create a strong impression in your company. It is a wonderful opportunity which you must never let go.
- Always Know What Your Boss Likes
You have to impress your boss if you are aiming for a promotion. One trick that is very essential in this respect is to know what your boss likes. You have to be observant and understanding to find out about the likings of your boss. This will surely help you become proactive so that you are prepared with suggestions to impress him. When you know what your aim is, stay prepared for the performance.
- Always Make Your Boss Look Great
If you will help your boss look good by helping him get recognized for his job then he is surely going to return you the favor when it is your turn for promotion. For this, you need to know how is your boss judged and what points can help him get a hike or bonus. Once you have the basic information, you can always work upon helping boss build his image.
- Be Important
You really need to learn the right trick to make yourself look important to your company. And for doing this, you work hard to reach on to a position in which your company cannot afford to lose you because you are one who deals with an important client or you are the one who has made a strong impact on clients as the face of the company. You do not need to brag about it but you silently have to float this message that you are important to the company and you should always be a part of it for greater success.
- Know Your Team and Colleagues
Do not make friends on the very first day at your new job. Be slow with it and take your time to know each and everyone you are working with. This is important to know who is what. You need to understand that you have to develop healthy and strong association with your boss and also your colleagues. So become friends with your colleagues, once you know about them. Do not simply be friends with just one person on the first day and forget the rest. Developing relationships is very important.
Keep all of these 5 simple and very effective tips in mind so that you can bag a promotion at your new job and rise high in your career.
Finance is the most important department in every industry and business. You just cannot image your working without it. Hence, the profile of financial manager becomes really very important. He is one person whose presence in every industry is must in order to record, maintain and manage the flow of money along with creating plans to achieve short term and long term financial goals with effectiveness. There is great demand for experienced and professionally qualified financial managers in the market. But some of the industries which are the highest pay masters to these personnel have been mentioned in this article. Let us know for which industries financial manager is an important profile.
Management of an Organization
No matter how small or big is your company; a financial manager is someone you cannot afford to miss from your list of managers. He is the one who is responsible for managing all the profits, losses and money flow in your firm. It is the subjective choice of a company that what it wants to call the financial manager. Some call him a controller and some a treasurer but the essence remains the same. They are not just responsible for managing the money but sometimes the onus of finding new sources for funds also lies on their shoulders. Hence, they play a big role forming the backbone of many enterprises to help them manage their monetary funds.
Insurance and Finance Companies
Finance and insurance companies absorb the highest number of financial managers and of course they also pay them handsome salaries because their job involves managing lots of money that comes with breathtaking financial risk. These experts have to stay aware about the market and its trends and act according to the changes in the world of economics. It is also important that they should be able to anticipate and predict these changes with precision so that proactive actions can be taken. Hence, the importance of this job profile is highest in these two industries as a financial manager is the main planner.
The role of a financial manager in a manufacturing industry is diverse. He has to look into every aspect of production to make sure that the company gets benefited by making the optimum utilization of resources. For instance, he finds new machinery for making the production process a lot faster and smoother so that the company is able to have effortless manufacturing with greater returns. He is also the one who would ensure that at every stage, the company is saving its operating costs so that it can have the best money management.
Government is always in need of financial managers. Be it a federal, state or central government; at every level the roles, responsibilities and importance of this profile is valuable. This is so because government needs to manage its financial collections and allocate them into different sectors by designing a budget plan and then execute that plan as per the budget. From generating funds to allocating funds, there is so much of planning, organizing and execution involved which can only be managed by professional financial managers who understand each and every aspect of taxation, money generation and allocation to make the best use of public money and accomplish more and more targets with effectiveness.
Financial Managers are also needed by various professional institutions, scientific bodies and technical organizations in order to provide some kind of directions and education in accounting, book-keeping and various related financial aspects. The whole and sole purpose to have an expert is to have someone who can provide his expert suggestions and advices on how to generate revenue and how to stay in synchronization with the economic changes. These industries can hire them on part-time or full-time basis depending upon their need and these professionals provide their thoughtful recommendations on different financial needs.
These are some of the industries which are known to be the highest paying industries as to them financial manager is the most important profile as they have to take important decisions concerning financial matters which have great influence on the working and growth.
We bring to you format of finest professional offer letter for marketing executives. Use it as the thread line for writing customized drafts on appointing the marketing executives in your company. Make sure it contains all important roles and duties related with the job profile along with the briefing of the contract. All of the information must be written in simple and easy language. Start your letter with the good news about the selection. Here is the template designed to help you.
Sample Offer Letter for Marketing Executive
22nd Park Avenue
Date: 9th August, 2014
62, Autumn Gardens,
Dear Mr. Simon,
We are extremely pleased to confirm your selection with our company, Sachs International on the post of Marketing Executive.
Here is the brief on the duties related with your job profile:
- Promotion of brand awareness and brand image, both internally and externally.
- Using sales techniques to maximize the revenue while maintaining present customers’ loyalty.
- Encouraging customers to make purchases or enroll for preview.
- Creating better experience by recognizing opportunities to up-sell.
- Answering queries and questions of customers by providing relevant information.
- Receiving, recording and transmitting information and messages.
- Working with zeal to increase sales.
The contract includes the following points mentioned below:
- Reporting: You will report to Andrew Hardy, Marketing Manager.
- Basic Salary: The offered position of Marketing Executive is at a salary of $ 800 per month.
- Work Hours: Your work hours will begin from 09.00 AM to 18.00 PM every day.
- Vacations: You are entitled for 2 vacations in a week.
- Compensations and Benefits: The compensation and benefits for the position of Marketing Executive include Group Insurance, Health Care, Transportation and Daily Allowance.
We are pleased to send this offer. Please sign a copy of this letter and send the same to us so that you can start with your job from 19th August, 2014.
We look forward to work with you. We wish you all the best for a successful career with our company.
Search Sample Formats:
- Letter for Transportation Allowance
- transportation allowance request letter sample
- request letter for transportation allowance
- employee transportation allowance policy
- sample letter for follow up on request on salary increase
- car allowance offer letter clause
- follow up email on promotion pay raise
- wording car allowance in offer letter
- how to write application letter to hr manager for cancellations transport
- letter fir transport allowance
Learn to write formal offer letter to trainee offering them to join your company. Respond to the candidates about their successful interview, offering them to join as trainees. Make sure this letter includes all the important terms and conditions in an organized manner. Here is a sample format for your reference which can used as a base for designing a customized offer letter on behalf on your organization. Keep the language simple and to the point.
Offer Letter Format for Trainee
Date: 9th August, 2014
52, Richmond Street,
This in response to the interview you had with us. We are pleased to present you with the offer of joining our organization as a trainee.
The terms and conditions concerning training are as follows:
1. Training Period:
You will be entitled to work as a trainee with us for a period of 6 months which will be effective from the date of commencement of this program.
You will be entitled to a stipend of $ 500.00 per month. This will not include any other benefits.
Initially, you will be posted in New Jersey. During the period of 6 months, you can be transferred to any other department or division of the company, anywhere in United States of America and overseas.
4. Notice Period:
The company possesses the right to terminate the trainee from the service on the grounds of breach of terms and conditions or misconduct or violation of rules and regulations by giving 15 days notice.
5. You will be required to sign an agreement on joining.
6. Your performance will be reviewed from time to time during training. In case, your performance is not found in accordance with the standards then your training period will be extended up to a maximum of 6 months with an interim review at the end of third month.
Kindly sign the copy of this letter to accept the above mentioned terms and conditions and return the same to us.
We welcome you to Maxmin Associates and wish you a bright career with us.
Human Resource Manager
Search Sample Formats:
- one month notice period letter format
- request for end of service benefits
- how to write transfer joining letter
- graduate trainee engineer offer letter
- trainee stipend letter
- trainee appointment letter format
- joinning letter for graduate engineer trainee
- joining letter in trans
- joing letter for trnsfer
- job appoinment letter to traeine civil engineer
A job offer letter must contain all the necessary terms and conditions to clarify all the aspects related with selection for job. Here is a point wise description of every point which are important and must be included while drafting terms and conditions for the job. Follow these points to draft your own terms and conditions in the best of the manner possible:
It must contain the job title on which the candidate has been selected.
2. Start Date
The next important thing in the letter is the start date of the job.
3. End Date ( In case of fixed contracts)
The offer letter must also contain the end date of the employment of the candidate.
4. Roles and Responsibilities
The job offer letter must contain all the necessary points concerning the roles and responsibility of the job profile. There has to be a point-wise description of the main highlights of the job. This will help the candidate deliver his services with the best of the understanding of what is expected of him.
5. Reporting Relationships
There has to be a mention of the person to whom the new employee must report. Mention the name of that person along with his designation to bring more clarity in the reporting relationship.
6. Probation Period
There has to be well defined probation period, if any. The purpose of this period is to train the new appointment within a definite time to have complete understanding of his job so that he can achieve satisfactory levels of performance. It should also contain the information about extending this period in case the candidate fails to deliver expected performance levels along with the information on interim reviews.
There has to be a mention of appraisal scheme related with the job profile. The purpose is to encourage the candidate for his career development and personal development. It must contain information on implementation of appraisal specific to the department. This will work as the motivation for the employee to deliver better performance.
This is the most important segment of the job offer letter. It must contain the following information:
- Rate of Pay
It must contain the title of the post, the commencing rate of pay along with salary scale which is mentioned in the letter of appointment. It must also be made clear that there will be no other remuneration other than the payment.
- Other Benefits
In case, there are other benefits like insurance, travel allowance, group incentives etc. they must be mentioned too. Put all the benefits with clear detailing about each.
There has to be a mention of superannuation plan of the company which is designed to benefit its employees after retirement. The offer letter must contain the deductions as per the pension plan. A new eligible employee gets enrolled in the appropriate pension scheme automatically when he joins the company.
10. Hours of Work
The next important thing to be mentioned is the hours of work. The letter must contain the daily working hours along with mention of special circumstances like part-time or extra-time working and the remuneration that will be paid for extra working.
11. Travel Requirements
Make a mention of travel requirements, if any. It must also include the frequency of travelling concerning the job profile.
12. Public Holidays, Overtime etc.
Information of public holidays and compensation for overtime on regular days and on public holidays must be mentioned in a simple and easy to understand language.
This head must contain information on the number of paid leaves to which the candidate is entitled. It must also mention the exception holidays like locally agreed department closure holidays etc. along with the payment conditions on all such days. Special mention of conditions regarding holidays during probation etc.
Below are some of the conditions on which the letter must focus to bring more clarity:
- Additional Holidays for Long Service
- Holiday Entitlement for Part-time Workers etc.
14. Termination Clause
There are two conditions under this head which must be kept in mind.
- Termination of Appointments by Notice
Make sure you mention the period of notice which you are obliged to give the candidate before terminating him. It must be given in writing. This period usually varies between weeks to a month depending upon the organization. Do mention all the other conditions concerning the termination.
Do make a mention of the normal date of retirement in your company. Also mention the age of retirement.
15. Restrictive Covenants
This is an important part of the terms and conditions. It is asking the candidate to maintain the confidentiality of the intellectual property of the company. This is a non-disclosure agreement which maintains the confidentiality of important information of the organization.
These are some of the important points which must be kept in mind while designing the terms and conditions in the job offer letter of your company. Customize these points as per the need of your company.
Search Sample Formats:
- special allowance letter format
- request letter for special allowance
- Standard Salary Agreement Letter
- scheme letter
- esi working letter download
- Designation ap
- letter for special allowance to be granted
- superannuation certificate format
- letter given by a retired government employee for changing his nominee in his family pension records
- relieving letter on superannuation
Job evaluation by classification
1. Classification overview
According to this method, a predetermined number of job groups or job classes are established and jobs are assigned to these classifications.
This method places groups of jobs into job classes or job grades. Each level in the grade/category structure has a description and associated job titles. Each job is assigned to the grade/category providing the closest match to the job. Separate classes may include office, clerical, managerial, personnel, etc.
The classification of a position is decided by comparing the whole job with the appropriate job grading standard. To ensure equity in job grading and wage rates, a common set of job grading standards and instructions are used.
2. Advantages of classification
• The grade/category structure exists independent of the jobs. Therefore, new jobs can be classified more easily than the Ranking Method.
• Uses job families/groups instead of individual jobs
• May produce same results as Point Method, but is less costly
3. Disadvantages of classification
• Classification judgments are subjective.
• The standard used for comparison (the grade/category structure) may have built in biases that would affect certain groups of employees (females or minorities).
• Not useful when jobs are very different from each other
• May be confusing to employees about why jobs are included in a class
• Some jobs may appear to fit within more than one grade/category.
4. Process of classification
The following steps should be followed to introduce a job classification scheme.
• Select a representative sample of benchmark jobs covering all the occupations to be included in the scheme.
• Analyze the jobs and prepare job descriptions.
• Decide on the number of grades required.
• Define each grade in terms of discernible difference in skill and responsibility.The lowest grade may cover simple work done under close, supervision, and each succeeding grade will recognize a higher level of difficulty, complexity or the amount of discretion allowed to make independent decision.
• Slot each benchmark job into a grade with reference to job and grade description.
• Grade the other jobs with reference to the benchmarks jobs and grade descriptions.
Search Sample Formats:
Job evaluation by ranking method
1. Overview of ranking
The ranking method is simple to understand and practice and it is best suited for a small organization.
Jobs are compared to each other based on the overall worth of the job to the organization. The ‘worth’ of a job is usually based on judgements of skill, effort (physical and mental), responsibility (supervisory and fiscal), and working conditions.
2. Advantages of ranking
• Simple. “Alternation” method ranks “highest” then “lowest,” then next “highest,” then next “lowest”. “Paired comparisons” method picks highest out of each pair
• Most commonly used
3. Disadvantages of ranking
• Comparisons can be problematic depending on number and complexity of jobs
• May appear arbitrary to employees
• Rank judgements are subjective.
• Can be legally challenged
• Difficult to administer as the number of jobs increases
Search Sample Formats:
- paired comparison method advantages and disadvantages
- alternation ranking method
- advantages and disadvantages of paired comparison method
- alternation ranking method advantages and disadvantages
- alternation ranking
- advantages and disadvantages of Alternation ranking method of Performance appraisal
- advantages and limitations of alternarion ranking method
- advantages and limitations of paired comparison method
Job evaluation by factor comparison
1. Overview of factor comparison:
Under this method, instead of ranking complete jobs, each job is ranked according to a series of factors.
These factors include mental effort, physical effort, skill needed, supervisory responsibility, working conditions and other relevant factors (for instance, know-how, problem solving abilities, accountability, etc.).
Pay will be assigned in this method by comparing the weights of the factors required for each job, i.e., the present wages paid for key jobs may be divided among the factors weighed by importance (the most important factor, for instance, mental effort, receives the highest weight).
2. Advantages of factor comparison:
• Relatively easy to use once it’s set up.
• Customized to the organization.
• Results in ranking of jobs and a specific dollar value for each job, based on allocating part of the job’s total wage to each factor.
3. Disadvantages of factor comparison:
• Hard to set up.
• Not easily explained to employees.
• Using dollar values may bias evaluators by assigning more money to a factor than a job is worth.
• Every time wage rates change, the schedule becomes obsolete.
4. Process of factor comparison:
• Select key jobs (say 15 to 20), representing wage/salary levels across the organization. The selected jobs must represent as many departments as possible.
• Find the factors in terms of which the jobs are evaluated (such as skill, mental effort, responsibility, physical effort, working conditions, etc.).
• Rank the selected jobs under each factor (by each and every member of the job evaluation committee) independently.
• Assign money value to each factor and determine the wage rates for each key job.
• The wage rate for a job is apportioned along the identified factors.
• All other jobs are compared with the list of key jobs and wage rates are determined.
Search Sample Formats:
- factor comparison method of job evaluation
- factor comparison method
- factor comparison
- advantages and disadvantages of Factor Comparison Method
- factor comparison job evaluation
- job evaluation factor method
- advantage and disadvantages of factor rating method
- advantages of factor comparison method of job evaluation